Twinkle toes using different sized glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hcbrows

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has tried doing Twinkle toes with glitter this size?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491991393.586754.jpg

Thanks [emoji5]️

Yes I have. It makes the application very thick. I applied into uncured soak off gel, patted down, cleaned up the edges with an orangewood stick and cured. I then applied another layer off soak off gel to the top then top coated. I don't feel it lasted as long as normal rockstar toes due to the gel being thicker xx

I like to do this. Good results. Looks beautiful.

Yes I have. It makes the application very thick. I applied into uncured soak off gel, patted down, cleaned up the edges with an orangewood stick and cured. I then applied another layer off soak off gel to the top then top coated. I don't feel it lasted as long as normal rockstar toes due to the gel being thicker xx

Yeah I presumed it might go on a bit thicker! Might have to give it a couple of test runs! There's so many pretty glitters like this!!x

I only use the chunky glitters for encapsulating otherwise it's too thick

Have you any pictures of some you have done? [emoji5]️

Not currently but I agree with the encapsulation method described here by the other posters on this thread. After the base coat, I use a nail art brush to gently place the glitter on uncured shellac (zillionaire or beau). Once that's cured, I'll do another layer of zillionaire followed by two original top coats. After the first top coat I will file extremely lightly on any bumpy bits near the free edge. I then wipe with Scrubfresh before applying my second layer of top coat.

I used to get cheesed at the lack of glitters in the shellac colour range but the technique I describe here has totally solved my problem. Love it! :)

Latest posts

Back