"Twisting" nails - HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maceyratbags

Reaction score
I have a problem… or rather my friend who is my “guinea pig” has a problem. She is petite and as such has tiny fingers and nails. Although her nails grow long and are relatively strong, they twist, and obviously the longer they grow the more the twists are noticeable.

I’m using bio gel, and have put sculpts on some of the nails that need the extra length, but how do I get the effect of straightening the nail out? If I apply it on the top/side to follow the other side of the nail it looks thick…

Is there anything I can do to (a) treat the nails to grow straighter (b) enhance them to hide the twists?

Thanks
Ange

Unfortunately some nails do twist as they grow just as some nails 'ski jump' as they grow.

This is a 'problem' nail just as a hook or skijump is a problem nail and the solution to straightneing this nail is the same as for the others. Whether you tip or sculpt, to truly do a makeover on this nail it must be trimmed as short as possible and then sculpted to length or apply a tip.

New sets need to be applied more frequently every 2-3 months or when the twisted look starts to come back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back