Two clients who have ever had gel polish 'lift' - could this be the common factor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umvemve

Reaction score
I have recently had my second ever client with gel polish lifting issues it just started to lift and peel off a day after the treatment apparently. I have clients who are on medication who do not have this happening. Just realised that when she came for her treatment she had nail strengthener on her nails. A previous client, some months ago also had this lifting/peeling problem and she too was wearing nail strengthener when she came to the appointment.

In both cases I removed the strengthener and prepped as per usual. Just wondering whether the strengthener could be a common factor here? Anyone had a similar experience?

This latest client has had this brand of gel polish on before and got good wear. She is coming back again which is why I want to clarify - wondering whether it might be a good idea to ask her to abstain from the strengthener before hand?

Morning, I was told by a very experienced nail tech that nail strengthener can cause problems for gel.
She now has a section on her consultation forms asking, 'Are you wearing clear nail varnish or nail strengthener?' as apparently it can cause lifting.
x

Morning, I was told by a very experienced nail tech that nail strengthener can cause problems for gel.
She now has a section on her consultation forms asking, 'Are you wearing clear nail varnish or nail strengthener?' as apparently it can cause lifting.
x

Ah, was she saying by this that it could cause lifting even after removed (during pre-gel polish prep)?

Ah, was she saying by this that it could cause lifting even after removed (during pre-gel polish prep)?

Yes because apparently the very nature of how it works to strengthen the nail is by building up the product daily, so when you wipe it off with polish remover or even acetone it doesn't actually remove all of the product.
X

i read from a well known source that nail strenghener products make the nails very brittle could this be the answer?

Latest posts

Back