Two tone nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairydust

Reaction score
Any tips on doing two tone nails so u cant see the colours join. It just looks like one colour going into the other. Not something that looks like a gone wrong French! I've tried a make up sponge but just can't seem to grasp it. It's kind of an airbrushed brush look with out the air brush! I've seen a pic but it won't let me upload it. Hope somebody knows what I mean! X

Hi fairy dust. I've currently got a pink colour fade on my fingers at the moment. I used trugel and apply with a small sponge, curing in-between each colour. Have attached a pic so hopefully it works =] xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342388864.126555.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342388864.126555.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4,725
Found this on another thread, hope this helps you x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342389197.180398.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342389197.180398.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,061
Just paint one stripe of colour on the make up sponge and then another colour slightly overlapping the first then just roll over each nail. You may need to do it twice to get better coverage but I find painting a base colour first a lot easier. Here's one of mine xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342389665.537477.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342389665.537477.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 10,038
They both look gorgeous. Mine looked like a two year old had done them! I'll try again x

Wow these are some beautiful nails! Amos295 - yours are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thankyou very much. They are my favourite so far =] xx

Sometimes if the link isnt perfect, adding glitter on top of the blend will help blend it altogether :) not like cover it with glitter but just a thin layer,either with polish or gel helps:p

What is the best gel glitter to put over the top of two tone nails, without it covering the colour design too much?

Can this be done with bio sculpture gel? X

Can this be done with bio sculpture gel? X

Yes Lila, as far as I know it should be possible ( oops am I wrong?) as it is done with shellac and Gellish.

They are lovely arent they ?

Yes Lila, as far as I know it should be possible ( oops am I wrong?) as it is done with shellac and Gellish.

They are lovely arent they ?

Gorgeous :) I wanted to ask before I waste my gel trying, I'd love to be able to do it.
(ps hope yr well) x x

Just paint one stripe of colour on the make up sponge and then another colour slightly overlapping the first then just roll over each nail. You may need to do it twice to get better coverage but I find painting a base colour first a lot easier. Here's one of mine xx
I love these nails x

I'm not sure about bio sculpture. I presume so but I think the consistency is different. Tbh you don't waste a lot of gel as you barely need much on the sponge to get the effect =]. I love doing these, and clients love them as they give an airbrushed feel. Have fun xx

I'm not sure about bio sculpture. I presume so but I think the consistency is different. Tbh you don't waste a lot of gel as you barely need much on the sponge to get the effect =]. I love doing these, and clients love them as they give an airbrushed feel. Have fun xx
Thankyou, will try it out soon ;) x x

I love these can I ask what colours you used?
Thanks
Vicky

I love these can I ask what colours you used?
Thanks
Vicky

Thank you :)
I Used Barry m peach melba and the pink is orly. But it's a mini bottle and doesn't say what colour it is, which is odd :s it looks like a neon pink in the bottle though if that helps. Xx

Latest posts

Back