Type of haircut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how do you call this type of haircut,please see attached photo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-230049_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-230049_WhatsApp.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 28
I would say this is very much like the "the rachel cut" not a technical term, but this is what ide use to show a client. Clients often don't understand technical terms.

Its a transient cut.
If you google Toni & guy transient cut there is a great how to YouTube video should come up.
its more of a rounded layering technique than the Rachel haircut which means more of the defined shape around the neck and jawline.
I find it’s always best to start your layering so the shortest layer from you crown section falls about an inch lower than the occipital bone at the back of the head. This will allow a little play/ wiggle room to allow for any spring in wavy hair when it’s dried and as you often get a line when layering thicker hair there’s plenty length to slice out and add more texture.
the front of the haircut is a thick heavy layered fringe section that you can cut any length to suit.

Thank you for your reply.

Latest posts

Back