Typical!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
So I was Uming and aaring about spray tan but after people ringing asking if I did it I bit the bullet and got it, now no bugger has rung for one my posters arnt bringing people in and I don't want to keep lowering the price coz I don't want to look desperate.
The hairdresser next door is doing his usual nose sticking and putting me down over it as per!
What can I do? Leaflet drops doing NOTHING round here, there is too many salons I think n people at the min can do themselves from a £2 bottle :(
Help me please :( x x x

Have you got a Facebook page? I get lots of business from mine, I update it regularly, put pics and special offers on. Twitter works well for some people too.
How about emailing some local dance troupes, gyms, womens groups? Leave cards in places where they have fitness classes, mums and tots, etc.
You could offer girls who work in a bar, busy shop etc. a free or discounted tan to show off your work?
You just need to get your name out there hun, yes people can do it themselves but for the times they want it professionally done make sure it's you they come to xx

why not offer to spray the hairdresser and/or their staff at a discount and get them advertising for you? Run a scheme where say for every 5 people they refer they get a discounted treatment.

Obviously if you don't get on then this won't work but it was just a thought :)

Hope it picks up for you soon xxx

I do leaflet drops, twitter, facebook etc... but I have to say although they're good to have, 99% of my work comes via my Yola website. It's free to set up if you do it through Get British Business Online and if you set up the page titles and metatags with SEO well you can get lots of results!

Hope this helps.

Thanks ladies didn't think to email dance schools and gyms that's a good idea!

Its just one man next door n he is 57 can't see him wanting a tan haha!

I have a website sweetie and I get a lot of business from it and my spray tanning is going on today so hopefully it will help x

i did half price tans for first month so get ppl in the door and trying it and to get me some money back!!

its nearly time for proms, what about doing a special for that??

contact some wedding suppliers/shops, take leaflets to your local gym x

Latest posts

Back