U.V Lamps recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-sophisticutz-

Reaction score
Hi ,

I wonder if any of you can help me with a few recommendations? :)

My nail tech wants to start putting a gel top coat over her acrylics and curing under U.V. She is using Creative so can you

a) Recommend a good gel to top coat with
and
b) Give me a clue on what U.V lamps you would recommend, type, wattage etc as this seems a minefield for me :eek:

Thank you :)

Hi ,

My nail tech wants to start putting a gel top coat over her acrylics and curing under U.V. She is using Creative so can you

and
b) Give me a clue on what U.V lamps you would recommend, type, wattage etc as this seems a minefield for me :eek:

Sorry this isn't much help - I don't use Creative but I do know you have to use the lamp that goes with your system. I would recommend contacting your distributor as it's a big investment to waste money on.

Hi ,

and my favorites are IBD 'intense Seal' and EzFlow 'Finish It' both are full cure, so no residue to wipe off after curing.

Every company has there own lamp. The wattage is not as important as the UV output of the lamp. I don't think it matters as much which lamp you use if it only for a UV sealer. The only one I've found that really needs it's lamp is Brisa finishing gloss, but I don't like it over L&P, it's too thick and needs to be cleansed after curing.

If you are a Creative salon then I would go for the Brisa lamp, then should you decide to take on Brisa at a later date you will already have the correct lamp. I only apply my finishing gloss like a polish and it's not thick at all. I have noticed a few people saying they have to apply it thick, but I've never had to with any of the gel systems I've used, and it only takes a minute to wipe off the inhibition layer.

Sorry for the late reply guys, I have been on my hols.....

Thank you for your suggestions, it is much clearer now :)

Latest posts

Back