UAE/Dubai fraud!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambermist

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please Take Notice of this Fraud as it could happen to you and you will not believe the hassle we have had. We had an enquiry from the UAE 10 days ago, all seemed ok, we sent details and pictures. They sent a formal request to purchase our spray tanning systems and for a proforma invoice value around £12000, which we sent. I had them checked through our contact in dept of trade and industry and UAE companies list and found no reference to them, so thought it was a scam and we wouldn't sent them anything. We heard nothing more until a few days ago when we tried to use the company credit card and it wouldn't work. We contacted the bank and were told our account was closed and the debit card cancelled and the decision was irrevocable! Another company, not the one we sent the proforma to, sent a cheque to our bank for over £64000.00!! Our bank flagged it up as fraud and closed our account and cancelled the card with no notification to us or any contact and no "possible way to change the decision".
After most of the day in discussion with the bank internal investigation team, the police, and the DTI, the bank have changed their mind and classed us as a victim, (see below) and have reversed the decision!
The only small problem is they cancelled the card so have to issue a new one.

The moral is be very careful who you give you bank account details to!
Check out these links given to me by my contact in the DTI.......FRIGHTENING
Cheque overpayment fraud | Action Fraud
Dubai Internet Scams - Banks Closed all my Accounts. | UK Business Forums

Regards,
Ambermist

Latest posts

Back