Uh oh!! First complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahluise

Reaction score
So i have my first girl complaining that her extensions are tatty at the bonds after 2 months and she wants them removing (LUSH US HAIR)
So i have never had a problem as yet touch wood and i am hoping the client is at fault! She told me a few weeks after her fitting that the hair was dry and blaiming me however we found out she was using incorrect aftercare products herbal essance! I advised her and sent her a aftercare sheet with links to products she should use via email as this was easier for her*

I also advised her she needed a maintenance appointment and she completely has ignored everything i have told and sent too her
Im hoping she is at fault and assuming that she is not taking care of them as she completely ignored my advice before
Shes demanding a free removal but this still costs money and time. I would
Completely agree with her if i was at fault but i really don't think i am

Any help please xx

She has already used the wrong aftercare, so how can you be sure she is using the correct stuff now? Though to be honest, ive stopped using LushUs hair as the quality took a nose dive recently so im testing out a few other brands right now.
I would probably say that you will give her a certain percentage off removal if its before the three months as a gesture of goodwill, but I wouldnt do it for free
xxx

hi, i do not do extensions but my opinion is she has cut every corner to save herself a few quid and now wanting to save more money with free removal,

if she was a loyal client then you would possibly do this as a goodwill gesture to keep the client but on this occasion stick to your guns you are not at fault with the service she has not looked after them..

(presuming you spoke to her about maintenance app and after care products during consultation)

Yes i did a full consultation with her, went through it again at fitting then she requested i sent the aftercare sheet by mail which i did. After the first complaint i advised her again and then sent her it again.

Shes just sent me a huge nasty mail so i said i would do it for free*

Just get it over and done with, tbh i don't want clients like that i agree she seems to be cutting corners to save her money

I doubt she did start using the shampoo as she said it was expensive

Don't think i will be using lush no more either it has put me off :(*

I insist my cleints purchase the correct aftercare - FROM ME! that way I know they are using it. It doesnt matter what you do sometimes, you will get the blame for everything. Personally, I would be thing that you have losta an extension client anyway, so why would you remove it for free? what would that achieve, apart from looking like you aggree you are at fault?
xxx
p.s give Bonita a try for extension....xx

I also offer aftercare but she didnt want it off me and then i evan gave her lush us link to order it her self
:(

You will have to let me know how they are! :)

just a thought so this problem wont rise again, could you review your prices and include aftercare products in the price and the maintenance app.

make it a one off payment and everything is included..

Can't you add the aftercare into the overall cost of having the extensions? That's what I'm doing, just state in your extension package that it's 'free' then you know they are using the correct products & won't use anything else (; x

just a thought so this problem wont rise again, could you review your prices and include aftercare products in the price and the maintenance app.

make it a one off payment and everything is included..

Beat me to it aha damn iPhone! X

Why is it some clients want The perfect hair do then when they have it, leave all happy and think its always going to look like that with no upkeep from them.... Then blame you for it not looking as good as it should!

Like its been already written, offer her some aftercare in with the price and then when it stays looking fab you can smile and say SEE!! :wink2: x

Why don't you get the revitaliser and protein spray, sit her down and go through her hair with it yourself? The hair won't go back to it's original state but it'll be a damn sight better. That way, she'll see the importance of after care - even if it will cost her something daft like £15, and you won't lose faith in a supplier.
She'll also realise she's the one at fault.
What people have said about including an after-care kit (even if it's a mini one!) is a really good idea!

Can't you add the aftercare into the overall cost of having the extensions? That's what I'm doing, just state in your extension package that it's 'free' then you know they are using the correct products & won't use anything else (; x

This is also what I do :) x

Latest posts

Back