UK jelly gel brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a gel brand that provides a jelly finish? So quite translucent and sheer and able to blend easily with other colours. Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you! X

Hi there :)

I bought these for my own personal use - Jelly Nails https://www.jellynails.shop/

I find them really fun, and they really have that jelly/sweetie finish that I was looking for.

Hi there :)

I bought these for my own personal use - Jelly Nails https://www.jellynails.shop/

I find them really fun, and they really have that jelly/sweetie finish that I was looking for.

Aw, thanks so much! I’m going to have a proper look at them now.
Would you mind me asking how you find them to use as a brand? Did you have to buy their own lamp (if they have one) how do they go on, how long are they lasting and finally- is their brand easier to remove (as they say in their website!)
They look perfect so think you might have found my answer. Would really appreciate a bit more of your thoughts on them but thank you so much anyway x.

Aw, thanks so much! I’m going to have a proper look at them now.
Would you mind me asking how you find them to use as a brand? Did you have to buy their own lamp (if they have one) how do they go on, how long are they lasting and finally- is their brand easier to remove (as they say in their website!)
They look perfect so think you might have found my answer. Would really appreciate a bit more of your thoughts on them but thank you so much anyway x.

Please bear in mind that this is not a professional nail system, and as salon professionals, we cannot advocate the use of them in a professional environment.

Please bear in mind that this is not a professional nail system, and as salon professionals, we cannot advocate the use of them in a professional environment.

I’m sorry- I wasn’t aware that I had asked anything untoward. They are billing themselves for professional use but I didn’t realise there were guidelines as to what could be asked. Apologies and I will look for some general usage tips so I don’t make the mistake again!

I’m sorry- I wasn’t aware that I had asked anything untoward. They are billing themselves for professional use but I didn’t realise there were guidelines as to what could be asked. Apologies and I will look for some general usage tips so I don’t make the mistake again!

You’ve not asked anything untoward, so no need to apologise ;)

As it appears this particular brand is being sold via their own eBay shop and is essentially available to everyone and anyone, it immediately sets off alarm bells that’s all.

Thank you- I went onto their website but did see they had an eBay page too. I got excited as I’ve been searching specifically for a brand that did the clear, jelly nails.

Thank you- I went onto their website but did see they had an eBay page too. I got excited as I’ve been searching specifically for a brand that did the clear, jelly nails.

You may find this video from Young Nails interesting:

You may find this video from Young Nails interesting:

Thank you! They are gorgeous and interesting that they use a gel coat topcoat even though they are regular nail polish.
I was specifically looking for a pure gel ‘jelly’ brand as I really want to learn how to do Japanese ‘nuance’ nails. They use lots of very sheer, blended colours and I thought this would be a good way to try to replicate. Thank you for taking the time to share the video- I haven’t been a member of SG very long but already have learnt so much x

Thank you! They are gorgeous and interesting that they use a gel coat topcoat even though they are regular nail polish.
I was specifically looking for a pure gel ‘jelly’ brand as I really want to learn how to do Japanese ‘nuance’ nails. They use lots of very sheer, blended colours and I thought this would be a good way to try to replicate. Thank you for taking the time to share the video- I haven’t been a member of SG very long but already have learnt so much x

I haven't heard of that Japanese design, I will look it up! I will also watch that Young Nails video myself.
As for the Jelly Nails, I only bought them to use on myself as I just love the style. I don't know of any other brands I'm afraid.
I have only tried these colours with a peel-off base coat. This is when my nails were naturally long and I was trying to preserve the condition of them. I now wear acrylic extensions with gel polish. It's great to be able to just file it straight off ;)

I hope you are able to find other options also. Perhaps someone will be able to suggest a reputable brand.

We will launch our new PRIMA Murano Glass gel polishes in 2 to 3 weeks. This is an example created by Iryna during testing.

Attachments

• 20190325 - venetian Murano glass by Iryna.JPG
    20190325 - venetian Murano glass by Iryna.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 32
We will launch our new PRIMA Murano Glass gel polishes in 2 to 3 weeks. This is an example created by Iryna during testing.

Those are truly beautiful, Bob. Was this effect created by layering the various colours of your gels, or is it just the uppermost layer?

I haven't heard of that Japanese design, I will look it up! I will also watch that Young Nails video myself.
As for the Jelly Nails, I only bought them to use on myself as I just love the style. I don't know of any other brands I'm afraid.
I have only tried these colours with a peel-off base coat. This is when my nails were naturally long and I was trying to preserve the condition of them. I now wear acrylic extensions with gel polish. It's great to be able to just file it straight off ;)

I hope you are able to find other options also. Perhaps someone will be able to suggest a reputable brand.

Morning! And thank you for replying. From what I can gather ( and I’ve put a lot of effort into trying to find out/find someone who can teach me) the nuance nail design seems to mean a different design on each nail, though tied in by a colour theme for example. They are beautiful and many use this sheer effect. I’ve contacted lots of people but unfortunately I can’t speak Japanese so have had limited success! Now working on trial and error!
Young nails videos are brilliant, I always learn something useful! Unless someone else can think of another brand I’m going to order a few from Jelly Shop to see if they work, how they mix etc. Thanks again x

Hi Bob,
Is there anywhere I can see what they look like as individual colours. I’m looking for sheer, translucent colours. It would be brilliant if these could be what I’m looking for.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Hayley and I am the owner of Jellynails. I am a fully qualified nail technician and have been for the last 15 years. I have trained with large brands and used lots of different products over the years. My product is not marketed for just professionals and the reason for this, is because I feel nail technicians in training deserve to use products as much as a fully qualified nail technician. Our products are fully organic, are 5 free and suitable for both the professional and domestic market. We sell to salons all over the UK and have received fantastic reviews from our ever growing customer base. More information and reviews on our product are available on our Instagram page and on our website. Please pm for more information or any questions you may have. Our eBay shop was a marketing decision which enables us to pass on our savings for a professional, premium product that would normally cost twice the amount for the same ingredients.

Hi Hayley,
I’m very happy to have found your products and will be trying them soon. I’m hoping they’ll be what I’m looking for!

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a gel brand that provides a jelly finish? So quite translucent and sheer and able to blend easily with other colours. Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you! X
The gel bottle have a glass collection, I have it and would highly recommend x

Sent from my SM-G973F using SalonGeek mobile app

The gel bottle have a glass collection, I have it and would highly recommend x

Sent from my SM-G973F using SalonGeek mobile app
Thank you!
I’m just looking at which brands to go with and obviously have seen the gel bottle (and it looks lovely). The price point seems a little high for me though perhaps should have another look!
Thank you for the recommendation x

Thank you!
I’m just looking at which brands to go with and obviously have seen the gel bottle (and it looks lovely). The price point seems a little high for me though perhaps should have another look!
Thank you for the recommendation x
The bottles are larger than most other x

Latest posts

Back