UK Nail Tech 2009 - Winners!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post the results from this weekend's UK Nail Tech competition which took place at BeautyUK, NEC Birmingham. We had a fabulous time and I hope all of our competitors enjoyed themselves and learnt from their experiences.

We had a total of 100 entrants this year, which I think is fantastic bearing in mind the current financial climate, and we also had a great turn out for our Boxed Nail Art competition which we ran for the first time, with 30 competitors taking part.

Many thanks to all of our judges who gave their time and expertise for free, and of course to our competition director Denise Wright and her team - Alison Gulliver and Sarah Bright. Thanks also to our sponsors: The Beauty Partnership, Odyssey Nail Systems, Safe Salons and Associated Beauty Therapists, who provided over £3,000 worth of prizes plus goody bags and of course the wonderful UK Nail Tech crystal trophies which everyone wants to take home.

The winners of UK Nail Tech 2009 are:

Top Tech Sculpt
1st Carrie Leigh Allen
2nd Gemma Lambert
3rd Julie Forrest

Top Tech Tip & Overlay Wrap
1st Caroline Lunn
2nd Jenna McGregor

Top Tech Tip & Overlay L&P
1st Elise Scholes
2nd Rebecca Boyes
3rd Louise Huggard

Top Tech Tip & Overlay Gel
1st Syori Howard
2nd Helen Jacobs
3rd Michelle Carrier

Top Tech Newcomer
1st Erin Adeyemo
2nd Hayley Watts
3rd Rachel Munday

Salon Nail Art Challenge
1st Gemma Lambert
2nd Dori Diamond
3rd Claire Woodcock

Salon Nail Challenge
1st Gemma Lambert
2nd Carrie Leigh Allen
3rd Elise Scholes

Student Nail Challenge
1st Nadya French
2nd Rebecca Thomas
3rd Verity Inman

Photographic - Fire & Ice
1st Bernadette Higgins
2nd Bernadette Higgins
3rd Corey Stockwell

Boxed Nail Art - Children's Fairytales
1st Elise Scholes
2nd Carrie Leigh Allen
3rd Beverley Robinson

Well done to everyone who competed - you will all receive a personalised certificate of entry in the post soon.

We will be holding Scottish Nail Technician of the Year 2009 on Sunday 10th May in Edinburgh, so if anyone's got the competition bug and wants to join us, call 01332 227680 to see if places are still available.

Thanks again to everyone who joined us and supported the event this year - see you in 2010!

Melissa x

Thanks for posting this Melissa.

Well done everyone!!

I hope there are a few Geeks in there, and I hope pictures get posted of the winning nails!!! I would love to see the photographic entries and the Boxed Nail Art.

Thanks for posting this Melissa.

Well done everyone!!

I hope there are a few Geeks in there, and I hope pictures get posted of the winning nails!!! I would love to see the photographic entries and the Boxed Nail Art.

Sure, as soon as we get the pics back from the photographer we'll get the winning ones posted!
Mx

congratulations to everyone xxx
:)

congratulations to all.
and a super well done to anyone who entered multiple categories, that is super hard work, both in preparation and on the day.

i am really looking forward to some photos.

Well done & congratulations to everyone who entered and thanks Melissa for keeping us informed!

I look forward to seeing some pics x:)

Well done everyone xxx

Huge Congratulations to everyone :)

Well done everyone!!

Congrats to you all :)

Well done everyone:)

Congratulations everyone x

Huge Congrats to you all

A HUGE congratulations to you all:)

Congratualtions to everyone!

Congratulations - you super talented lot!

Do we get to know what systems were used, nosy, but fascinated!:)

Ta in anticipation x

hi thenailsuite,
I won 1st sculpt and 2nd in salon nail using La Femme:)
carrie x

Congratulations everyone, looking forward to seeing some piccies :) xx

Latest posts

Back