UK Nail Tech - the results!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on the winners of this weekend's UK Nail Tech 2008 competition, held at the NEC Birmingham.

We had an amazing 115 entrants in 9 competitions held over the Sunday and Monday, and received some fabulous feedback. Thanks to everyone who completed the questionnaires - all of your comments are very valuable and will help us to enhance the event further for 2009!

I'll try and post some photos of the event and winning nails in the next few days.

So here are the results:

Top Tech Tip & Overlay Gel
1st Helen Jacobs
2nd Louisa Wood
3rd Michelle Carrier

Top Tech Tip & Overlay Wrap
1st Belinda Price
2nd Lauren Gee
3rd Jenna Wilton

Top Tech Tip & Overlay Liquid & Powder
1st Pippa Hebden
2nd Kirsty Lund
3rd Gemma Lambert

Top Tech Sculpt
1st Gemma Lambert
2nd Carrie Leigh Allen
3rd Kirsty Lund

Top Tech Newcomer
1st Andrew Rainford-Jones
2nd Rachel Harrison
3rd Donna Schubert

Salon Nail Challenge
Top 10 (in no particular order)

Vanessa Michelle Bradbury
Nyree Beckford
Michelle Brookes
Pippa Hebden
Gemma Lambert
Kirsty Lund
Ivan Blunt
Louise Huggard
Jenna Wilton
Helen Jacobs

1st Pippa Hebden
2nd Louise Huggard
3rd Gemma Lambert

Salon Nail Art Challenge
1st Tamsin Groves
2nd Claire Woodcock
3rd Kirsty Lund

Student Nail Challenge
1st Sarah Millington
2nd Andrea Mann
3rd Amy Shenton

Photographic
1st Claire Wilson
2nd Kirsty Lund
3rd Bernadette Higgins

I have some BIG thank yous to make - firstly to Kinetics Professional Nail Systems and Margarita Belska for providing over £4,000 worth of prizes plus crystal trophies to all of our winners, and Associated Beauty Therapists for providing insurance prizes for our winners too.

Also, thanks to our judges who gave their time and expertise for free - Margarita Belska, Elise Scholes, Marco Benito, Jackie O'Sullivan, Liza Smith, Mandy Rainford Jones, Kirsty Meakin, Sarah Bright and Alison Gulliver - we couldn't have got through all 115 entrants without you.

Plus special thanks to Denise Wright, Alison Gulliver and Sarah Bright for all your help on the day.

Dates for your Diary! UK Nail Tech 2009 will return to the NEC Birmingham on Sunday 26th and Monday 27th April.

Well done to everyone who competed - it was fabulous to meet you all - don't forget you will all receive your Certificate of Entry in the post in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes
Melissa xx

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone x

Well done xxxxxx

Well done guys on your placings :hug:

Well done to all the Geeks who placed - you all did fab! xxx:)

Congratulations to one and all, but especially to our geeky friends :hug:

Well Done Everyone

hey all was so chuffed with the comp, got the bug now!!lol any ideas how i can get hold of the picture that was taken at the end as i want it for the website im doing and to put with my little paperweight!lol congrats to all the others!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Congraulations to everyone who took part, well done x

well done everyone.

congratulations to all....xx

well done all.x

Wel done all lots of geeky names in the list :hug:
Kirsty wish I had your energy babes :hug:

Latest posts

Back