UK version of a Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these companies just give off the impression that they're jealous because olaplex is the real thing and has the patents and gets all the publicity, it was here first.

People will realise soon that all the knock offs are just knock offs! Olaplex is the one and only.

Last edited:
My dear Ab. You claim to be unbiased, however, that can not be so when you're signed on as a Senior Educator for Olaplex. I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous claim. Of course you're biased, or you would be an independent stylist. Secondly, I've stated in the beginning of this feed that I do not disdain Olaplex. I used it in it's infancy, quite possibly before even you did, however, of that I'm unsure given your current position with them (just so you can calm down about a counter-argument there). Thirdly, my issue with Olaplex currently resides in not it's performance or chemistry (as I've read both patents cover-to-cover, thank you), but the mere fact that you and your educators get on these forums, and in response to someone having a success with any product, or a "competitive company", and yes, I mean competitive, or it would not be part of your job description to fight of all the apparent conversations happening, correcting the world that is being filled full of you're "unbiased science-based" lies. You're presence is snobby to the hair industry. You yourself create a toxic energy of wrongness to the opinions and successes of others in the industry. Olaplex (however, I'm now beginning to feel like they are contributing, given your constant rebuttals) does not. You do. Lastly....and I would really like you to listen carefully here...before you go off assuming where one belongs in an industry, I would like you to ask yourself a question. Minus your current position with Olaplex, your contributions to the "right industry" are little-to-none (minus your reviews with your clients, which are clearly successful and of your own celebration, so please, spare the counter-argument), as far as my research on you is concerned. Go ahead and google yourself, and then google me right after and then go ahead question my own personal contributions to our industry, and compare them to your own. You have no educational claim on my position in this industry. I'm here as an independent stylist with a reputable enough resume who happens to have experienced Olaplex, colorpHlex and b3. Two of which I like and I'm sure you can figure out what those two are. But based on performance and the sheer constant science-based overshare of you and your VP Jordan, I'm also certain you can use your well-trained brained to figure out who I will continue to support. The company who doesn't degrade other stylists on their successes with different manufacturers. Because that's what made our industry. Different science and different manufacturers which gave you your ego-filled job title. I'll let the company's battle it out themselves. That's why I'm #bored. Cause all the information you have to share has been shared. And over shared. And. It's. Boring.

Steven Robertson
[email protected]
www.stevenrobertsonhair.com
@stevenrobertsonhair
My information I provide doesn't degrade anyone. I am a freelance stylist/salon owner who tested Olaplex well before the release, helping to develop it. This post is not educational nor helpful to anyone on this forum, but a mere response brought about from emotion from my previous post. The videos and information I post are from unbiased stylists who have tried all of the products, again science and chemistry are unbiased facts. We are are stylists with a passion for hair and love of clients and other stylists hoping to protect the integrity of the hair and increase revenue for their business with a product that is the only product to do what other companies claim. If you do understand the patents as you say you do or have an interested in chemistry to understanding how these different products work, there would be no need for me to provide you with the chemical breakdowns of why these knock off products who are simply in it to cash in on another's ground breaking invention. I was asked to work for Olaplex because of my knowledge of ingredients and because of my help with testing it. I have not and will not bad mouth you as you have chose to do. I will continue to educate with the facts and not marketing tactics. You have never seen Olaplex advertise or send out samples etc. Its the stylists that promote, because it works. Have a great day !

All these companies just give off the impression that they're jealous because olaplex is the real thing and has the patents and gets all the publicity, it was here first.

People will realise soon that all the knock offs are just knock offs! Olaplex is the one and only.
Its evident all over social media, if you search our hashtag on instagram #olaplex :) Its so amazing and awesome to be apart of something like this. I had some of the knock off companies offer me jobs, and didn't take them. I would never stand behind something that doesn't do what it claims and lies to make a profit. That is why I have worked for Neuma and now Olaplex. :)

As we have mentioned before, Colorphlex does not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds. We can also post photos of false patent display via your own company which is illegal within the U.S. We can also post the cease and desist letter that was sent out via South Africa for this very same thing as it is misleading and false advertising. Silicones and vegetable proteins do not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds. For you to make these claims is entirely misleading to the consumer.

My dear Ab. You claim to be unbiased, however, that can not be so when you're signed on as a Senior Educator for Olaplex. I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous claim. Of course you're biased, or you would be an independent stylist. .... You yourself create a toxic energy of wrongness to the opinions and successes of others in the industry......Different science and different manufacturers which gave you your ego-filled job title. I'll let the company's battle it out themselves. That's why I'm #bored. Cause all the information you have to share has been shared. And over shared. And. It's. Boring.

Steven Robertson
[email protected]
@stevenrobertsonhair

I think you need to re-read your own post.
You're the one currently on this thread that is coming across as toxic and overly pretentious.

Healthy competition and debate is fine.
Stooping to name calling however, is childish and unacceptable.

My dear Ab. You claim to be unbiased, however, that can not be so when you're signed on as a Senior Educator for Olaplex. I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous claim. Of course you're biased, or you would be an independent stylist. Secondly, I've stated in the beginning of this feed that I do not disdain Olaplex. I used it in it's infancy, quite possibly before even you did, however, of that I'm unsure given your current position with them (just so you can calm down about a counter-argument there). Thirdly, my issue with Olaplex currently resides in not it's performance or chemistry (as I've read both patents cover-to-cover, thank you), but the mere fact that you and your educators get on these forums, and in response to someone having a success with any product, or a "competitive company", and yes, I mean competitive, or it would not be part of your job description to fight of all the apparent conversations happening, correcting the world that is being filled full of you're "unbiased science-based" lies. You're presence is snobby to the hair industry. You yourself create a toxic energy of wrongness to the opinions and successes of others in the industry. Olaplex (however, I'm now beginning to feel like they are contributing, given your constant rebuttals) does not. You do. Lastly....and I would really like you to listen carefully here...before you go off assuming where one belongs in an industry, I would like you to ask yourself a question. Minus your current position with Olaplex, your contributions to the "right industry" are little-to-none (minus your reviews with your clients, which are clearly successful and of your own celebration, so please, spare the counter-argument), as far as my research on you is concerned. Go ahead and google yourself, and then google me right after and then go ahead question my own personal contributions to our industry, and compare them to your own. You have no educational claim on my position in this industry. I'm here as an independent stylist with a reputable enough resume who happens to have experienced Olaplex, colorpHlex and b3. Two of which I like and I'm sure you can figure out what those two are. But based on performance and the sheer constant science-based overshare of you and your VP Jordan, I'm also certain you can use your well-trained brained to figure out who I will continue to support. The company who doesn't degrade other stylists on their successes with different manufacturers. Because that's what made our industry. Different science and different manufacturers which gave you your ego-filled job title. I'll let the company's battle it out themselves. That's why I'm #bored. Cause all the information you have to share has been shared. And over shared. And. It's. Boring.

Steven Robertson
[email protected]
@stevenrobertsonhair
Im afraid you are also coming across as a self righteous,bully,whoes desperate to make himself look more important than he actually is. Ab Mcdonalds expert knowledge, creations and willingness to educate others,speaks for itself. Her passion for the hair industry is an inspiration. I'm all for healthy competition but schoolyard mud slinging is just plain childish.

My information I provide doesn't degrade anyone. I am a freelance stylist/salon owner who tested Olaplex well before the release, helping to develop it. This post is not educational nor helpful to anyone on this forum, but a mere response brought about from emotion from my previous post. The videos and information I post are from unbiased stylists who have tried all of the products, again science and chemistry are unbiased facts. We are are stylists with a passion for hair and love of clients and other stylists hoping to protect the integrity of the hair and increase revenue for their business with a product that is the only product to do what other companies claim. If you do understand the patents as you say you do or have an interested in chemistry to understanding how these different products work, there would be no need for me to provide you with the chemical breakdowns of why these knock off products who are simply in it to cash in on another's ground breaking invention. I was asked to work for Olaplex because of my knowledge of ingredients and because of my help with testing it. I have not and will not bad mouth you as you have chose to do. I will continue to educate with the facts and not marketing tactics. You have never seen Olaplex advertise or send out samples etc. Its the stylists that promote, because it works. Have a great day !
I think you need to re-read your own post.
You're the one currently on this thread that is coming across as toxic and overly pretentious.

Healthy competition and debate is fine.
Stooping to name calling however, is childish and unacceptable.
Im afraid you are also coming across as a self righteous,bully,whoes desperate to make himself look more important than he actually is. Ab Mcdonalds expert knowledge, creations and willingness to educate others,speaks for itself. Her passion for the hair industry is an inspiration. I'm all for healthy competition but schoolyard mud slinging is just plain childish.

I have chosen to withdrawal my latest comment, as I too clearly got a little heated and frustrated in the moment. As I sill don't agree with Ab's initial step in to daydreams comment a few posts back, and find that her comment in regards to thinking I need to find a different industry because I called her out for what I felt was overstepping, I admit my comments in last night's posts were far too aggressive over a simple disagreement. I can handle that. So on that front, I apologize Ab for any and all of those childish comments I made.

Colorphlex itself, ingredients are as follows: water, hydrolyzed vegetable protein or PG Propyl Silanetriol which is an artificially modified amino acid from vegetables and film forming compound, and phenoxyethanol which is used as a preservative. No real comparison in regards to chemistry versus Olaplex.

I agree.

As we have mentioned before, Colorphlex does not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds. We can also post photos of false patent display via your own company which is illegal within the U.S. We can also post the cease and desist letter that was sent out via South Africa for this very same thing as it is misleading and false advertising. Silicones and vegetable proteins do not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds. For you to make these claims is entirely misleading to the consumer.

Dear Ab,

I believe you to be a sincere person and respect your passion. I will also, AGAIN, commend Olaplex for its groundbreaking product. In addition, we do not dispute the fact that it truly improves the behavioral and structural quality of the hair during and after coloring and bleaching. Just because Olaplex works in its peculiar way does not mean that there is no other way.

ColorpHlex does bond to the hair. ColorpHlex does use a patented ingredient (US Patent # 8,048,846). The South African letter was dropped because of the fact that we use a patented ingredient and the US Patent Office nor anyone else has brought charges against colorpHlex.

The patented molecule that we trademarked as ColorStrong Complex is a hydrolyzed vegetable protein complex-ed with a silicon compound that replaces the S-S (disulfide or cystine bond) with a Si-S bond that anchors vegetable derived peptides to the keratin molecule at the site of cysteic acid side chains and cross-links with itself as well.

colorpHlex is not Olaplex, it doesn't work like Olaplex and quite frankly, we are happy about that. If you or anyone else prefers the performance of Olaplex or any other product over colorpHlex, by all means, use and enjoy that product, but we feel that people should be able to make their choice based on facts and their own preference and not based on what someone said without basis.

Dear Ab,

I believe you to be a sincere person and respect your passion. I will also, AGAIN, commend Olaplex for its groundbreaking product. In addition, we do not dispute the fact that it truly improves the behavioral and structural quality of the hair during and after coloring and bleaching. Just because Olaplex works in its peculiar way does not mean that there is no other way.

ColorpHlex does bond to the hair. ColorpHlex does use a patented ingredient (US Patent # 8,048,846). The South African letter was dropped because of the fact that we use a patented ingredient and the US Patent Office nor anyone else has brought charges against colorpHlex.

The patented molecule that we trademarked as ColorStrong Complex is a hydrolyzed vegetable protein complex-ed with a silicon compound that replaces the S-S (disulfide or cystine bond) with a Si-S bond that anchors vegetable derived peptides to the keratin molecule at the site of cysteic acid side chains and cross-links with itself as well.

colorpHlex is not Olaplex, it doesn't work like Olaplex and quite frankly, we are happy about that. If you or anyone else prefers the performance of Olaplex or any other product over colorpHlex, by all means, use and enjoy that product, but we feel that people should be able to make their choice based on facts and their own preference and not based on what someone said without basis.
Couldn't agree more!

All the phlex wars are getting a bit tedious to read now, if any of the products are as good as manufacturers claim, they will sell themselves anyway without needing to resort to slagging off other companies. I find that a bit unprofessional on a public forum. I can't imagine goldwell and loreal etc doing battle on a website!
I will try them all in time but im just happy to have some new products to use, keeps things interesting!

Amen! For those of us that have been in this industry for a "few" years, it is truly exciting to see the industry step into a new era. I again salute Olaplex and hope that we don't have to wait as long for the next "step" as we did for this one. There is room for everybody and let the chips fall where they may.

this can be solved by using less Olaplex. The biggest thing to keep in mind is the fact that lighteners have differing levels of lift. Some being 9+ and others being only 5 levels means Olaplex should be adjusted based on the product you are using.

Olaplex itself will not effect tonality in anyway. If you feel you are not getting enough lift and not getting past that "orangey" tone, process longer or cut the amount of Olaplex used in half. This has been used extensively with every single lightener on the market and we want everyone to achieve beautiful results. If 1/8oz (3.75ml) No.1 is not working for 1-2oz (30g-60g) with on-scalp application / balayage, you can cut it down to 1/16oz. (1.875ml) No.1.

The reason lifting can be an issue is mentioned above or not properly following directions. The processing time will not increase, you only need extra time for the application/processing of No2.
Dropbox - phlex.mp4
lets not forget this.View attachment 190895

Sorry for the misunderstanding in my post. I was going by what I had read and heard previously. Below are the directions from your website.

Mix bleach and developer together. ** Olaplex may increase processing time. To avoid this, increase your level of developer one full level.

Use 20 vol (6%) when trying to achieve 10 vol (3%) results.

30 (9%) vol for 20 (6%) vol results

40 (12%) vol for 30 (9%) vol results.

Below is a comparison as well. The tester did not want to take the hair all the way up because everything looks the same at the finish line. The comparison was to determine the comparative speed on the way to the finish.

12080110_452798931589404_2282315965472087216_o.jpg

Yes it does.When peroxide enters the hair to lighten your natural pigments, it also splits disulfide bonds that give the hair strength and integrity. These pairs turn into single sulfur-hydrogen bonds. If one oxygen molecule created by this peroxide reaction links up with a single, that's a perfect pair. However, as some of these oxygen molecules move in packs of three, they can attach to sulfur-hydrogen bonds and trigger a reaction that eats protein out of the hair leaving it dry and frayed.

Actually, oxidation does not create sulfhydryls. They are created by reduction as in processing a permanent wave. Oxidation will actually remove the hydrogen and allow the reformation of the cystine bond as in the neutralizing of a perm. Oxidation changes the cystine in to cysteic or sulfonic acid side chains. If a "bonding" compound or ingredient is looking for sulfhydryls during a coloring or bleaching process it will not find anything to link to.

Sorry for the misunderstanding in my post. I was going by what I had read and heard previously. Below are the directions from your website.

Mix bleach and developer together. ** Olaplex may increase processing time. To avoid this, increase your level of developer one full level.

Use 20 vol (6%) when trying to achieve 10 vol (3%) results.

30 (9%) vol for 20 (6%) vol results

40 (12%) vol for 30 (9%) vol results.

Below is a comparison as well. The tester did not want to take the hair all the way up because everything looks the same at the finish line. The comparison was to determine the comparative speed on the way to the finish.

making comparisons that can't be substantiated independently is in violation of competitive advertising and we will pursue false advertising.

@AbMcDonald Does the shampooing process weaken the ionic bonding that olaplex utilizes?

@AbMcDonald Does the shampooing process weaken the ionic bonding that olaplex utilizes?
What olaplex does is permanent until you damage the hair again.
Olaplex is not an ionic bridge. It's a combination of both ionic and covalent.

Dear Ab,

You have false patents and make up chemistry explanations to why Olaplex and colorphlex can do the same. When so many stylists are posting swatch tests, who have purchased the two products, showing that this is not a true statement. And try to belittle a well educated stylist to make it seem as those they just "believe in a product and its their passion" You sir, are pompous and its upsetting to see someone like you sell a product to stylists that can and WILL hurt their business. I tried your product. What a nightmare.

Sorry for the misunderstanding in my post. I was going by what I had read and heard previously.

Is it my imagination or does the swatch of Colorphlex 30 vol for 30 mins appear lighter than when it was mixed with 40 vol and processed for 40 Minutes?

Latest posts

Back