UK version of a Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it my imagination or does the swatch of Colorphlex 30 vol for 30 mins appear lighter than when it was mixed with 40 vol and processed for 40 Minutes?

Not your eyes. Definitely a difference.

Not your eyes. Definitely a difference.

In that case the test results are bizarre and don't seem to support the Olaplex bashing theory. ;)

You have false patents and make up chemistry explanations to why Olaplex and colorphlex can do the same. When so many stylists are posting swatch tests, who have purchased the two products, showing that this is not a true statement. And try to belittle a well educated stylist to make it seem as those they just "believe in a product and its their passion" You sir, are pompous and its upsetting to see someone like you sell a product to stylists that can and WILL hurt their business. I tried your product. What a nightmare.
I'm sorry. If any additive product has caused any sort of nightmare for anyone, it's because you weren't paying attention as a colorist. Secondly, since you can't read, their PATENT, only one, isn't fake. It's just not owned by them. Which they've already stated. Do your research. Thirdly, you also belittle stylists saying colorpHlex will ruin their business, when in fact, I've been using it (and before Olaplex, and still sometimes Olaplex) for let's say, 8 months, have had a 32% increase in my business over last year so far and make well in to six figures as a colorist in a not-so-grand city of Salt Lake City, UT. It does not and has not hurt any business of mine. Indeed, you're spitting out jargon you've "heard". If your business is ever hurting, ever, it is because of your clients experience and you inability to have given them what they wanted and that you promised they could have. It never, not once, has to do with any product whether it be a color line, shampoo, conditioner, treatments, brand of relaxer, etc. It is always the fault of the technicality of the stylist. They're not belittling stylists (although I don't mind calling you out), their defending their claims, just as Olaplex is also constantly doing. Educate yourself.

Is it my imagination or does the swatch of Colorphlex 30 vol for 30 mins appear lighter than when it was mixed with 40 vol and processed for 40 Minutes?

Agreed

You have false patents and make up chemistry explanations to why Olaplex and colorphlex can do the same. When so many stylists are posting swatch tests, who have purchased the two products, showing that this is not a true statement. And try to belittle a well educated stylist to make it seem as those they just "believe in a product and its their passion" You sir, are pompous and its upsetting to see someone like you sell a product to stylists that can and WILL hurt their business. I tried your product. What a nightmare.

Wow, Jackson, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with colorpHlex. It is obviously not the right product for you. As stated before, we know that people will make choices and it won't always be colorpHlex. We are happy to say that many people have chosen colorpHlex over our various competitors. I will now respond to your statements.

"You have false patents..." - As stated before, we do not own patents at this time, but we do use some patented ingredients. I don't know how "false patents" comes into the discussion.

"You..... make up chemistry explanations..." - The chemistry explanations comes from basic chemistry and the ingredients lists and patents of the products.

"explanations to why Olaplex and colorphlex can do the same." - Again, we have repeatedly said that the products work differently and that is why there is room for both products and all the other products that are available in our industry.

"...try to belittle a well educated stylist..." - Personally, I have been very conscientious to treat everyone on this forum with respect. If disagreeing with someone or presenting different information or a different point of view is disrespectful or uncalled for, I'm not sure what purpose a forum would serve.

"You sir, are pompous..." - I'm not sure how I came across as being pompous, but I suppose that is possible. Let me again, reiterate that I have respect for the professionals on this site for their commitment and experience, but that does not mean I have to agree with them.

"you sell a product to stylists that can and WILL hurt their business." - That has not been our experience nor the feedback that we have gotten from the vast majority of colorpHlex users.

If you will notice, I have not gone after any user of any other product nor questioned any statement made about any other product. The only time I have mentioned a product is in response to a request from someone for a comparison. My responses have been for the most part in defense of our product when false or misleading statements were made.

I did not even challenge your statement of your opinion of colorpHlex. You say that you tried it and didn't like it. Fair enough. End of discussion.

Good eyes, Georgia and AcidPerm. There is a good reason for that. Peroxide is used in color and bleaching as the source of oxygen needed to form the artificial pigments or to break down melanin.

The release of the oxygen occurs when H2O2 decomposes into H2O + O2. This decomposition is activated by the high pH of color or bleach. Higher volumes of peroxide are more unstable and are usually stablilized by lowering the pH. Because 40 volume peroxide is more unstable than 30 volume, when it is mixed with bleach it starts to release its oxygen so fast that it doesn't have time to enter the hair and oxidize its target (dye or melanin). For this reason, many people find that they get "diminishing returns" when they start to use higher volumes of peroxide. In fact, they often start to have trouble getting past the "gold" stage of lightening and/or start having problems with "gold bands". This can be even more apparent when heat is used.

I'm sorry. If any additive product has caused any sort of nightmare for anyone, it's because you weren't paying attention as a colorist. Secondly, since you can't read, their PATENT, only one, isn't fake. It's just not owned by them. Which they've already stated. Do your research. Thirdly, you also belittle stylists saying colorpHlex will ruin their business, when in fact, I've been using it (and before Olaplex, and still sometimes Olaplex) for let's say, 8 months, have had a 32% increase in my business over last year so far and make well in to six figures as a colorist in a not-so-grand city of Salt Lake City, UT. It does not and has not hurt any business of mine. Indeed, you're spitting out jargon you've "heard". If your business is ever hurting, ever, it is because of your clients experience and you inability to have given them what they wanted and that you promised they could have. It never, not once, has to do with any product whether it be a color line, shampoo, conditioner, treatments, brand of relaxer, etc. It is always the fault of the technicality of the stylist. They're not belittling stylists (although I don't mind calling you out), their defending their claims, just as Olaplex is also constantly doing. Educate yourself.
Cant read? Its on their facebook page. "patented technology". You gonna attack me like you did an educator for Olaplex? My business was saved because of Olaplex. Because they have real patents and they are not just trying to make a buck and throwing stuff into a bottle like all of these knock offs. Colorphlex when added to lightener makes the hair feel worse than just using regular lightener! Its not just me, there are posts all over multiple forums of colorphlex melting hair. You want to say I have an inability to make my clients happy because colorphlex sped up the damage? RIGHT. You are belittling people which is why you were attacked on another thread because you got emotional when you were called out. Way to have keyboard muscles bro. You work for colorphlex and try to act like you still use olaplex to mask it. Why would you still use Olaplex if colorphlex is "amazing". Kind of funny.

Cant read? Its on their facebook page. "patented technology". You gonna attack me like you did an educator for Olaplex? My business was saved because of Olaplex. Because they have real patents and they are not just trying to make a buck and throwing stuff into a bottle like all of these knock offs. Colorphlex when added to lightener makes the hair feel worse than just using regular lightener! Its not just me, there are posts all over multiple forums of colorphlex melting hair. You want to say I have an inability to make my clients happy because colorphlex sped up the damage? RIGHT. You are belittling people which is why you were attacked on another thread because you got emotional when you were called out. Way to have keyboard muscles bro. You work for colorphlex and try to act like you still use olaplex to mask it. Why would you still use Olaplex if colorphlex is "amazing". Kind of funny.

In order to save the rest of this thread from conversations I've already had and answers to the questions I've already answered and you're beyond way too lazy to look around to find answers to but want to throw out all your assumptions that I've already heard and cleared up, I went ahead and replied to you in a private conversation. Don't cry when you read it:oops:. Any further discussion on anything else worthless and un-researched regarding my stance and affiliations with anything, you can feel discussing there. Because oddly enough, I've happened to find common ground outside of anything plex-related with a number of these Geeks that I rather enjoy, so I'd hate to ruin that on your behalf really. You're welcome everyone ;):D

In order to save the rest of this thread from conversations I've already had and answers to the questions I've already answered and you're beyond way too lazy to look around to find answers to but want to throw out all your assumptions that I've already heard and cleared up, I went ahead and replied to you in a private conversation. Don't cry when you read it:oops:. Any further discussion on anything else worthless and un-researched regarding my stance and affiliations with anything, you can feel discussing there. Because oddly enough, I've happened to find common ground outside of anything plex-related with a number of these Geeks that I rather enjoy, so I'd hate to ruin that on your behalf really. You're welcome everyone ;):D
What is with the lack of professionalism? Is this how you speak to everyone? Its really concerning that you think its ok to be rude to everyone. I hope you'd never speak to anyone this way in person.

Wow, Jackson, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with colorpHlex. It is obviously not the right product for you. As stated before, we know that people will make choices and it won't always be colorpHlex. We are happy to say that many people have chosen colorpHlex over our various competitors. I will now respond to your statements.

"You have false patents..." - As stated before, we do not own patents at this time, but we do use some patented ingredients. I don't know how "false patents" comes into the discussion.

"You..... make up chemistry explanations..." - The chemistry explanations comes from basic chemistry and the ingredients lists and patents of the products.

"explanations to why Olaplex and colorphlex can do the same." - Again, we have repeatedly said that the products work differently and that is why there is room for both products and all the other products that are available in our industry.

"...try to belittle a well educated stylist..." - Personally, I have been very conscientious to treat everyone on this forum with respect. If disagreeing with someone or presenting different information or a different point of view is disrespectful or uncalled for, I'm not sure what purpose a forum would serve.

"You sir, are pompous..." - I'm not sure how I came across as being pompous, but I suppose that is possible. Let me again, reiterate that I have respect for the professionals on this site for their commitment and experience, but that does not mean I have to agree with them.

"you sell a product to stylists that can and WILL hurt their business." - That has not been our experience nor the feedback that we have gotten from the vast majority of colorpHlex users.

If you will notice, I have not gone after any user of any other product nor questioned any statement made about any other product. The only time I have mentioned a product is in response to a request from someone for a comparison. My responses have been for the most part in defense of our product when false or misleading statements were made.

I did not even challenge your statement of your opinion of colorpHlex. You say that you tried it and didn't like it. Fair enough. End of discussion.
2nd paragraph.... Who is we?

What is with the lack of professionalism? Is this how you speak to everyone? Its really concerning that you think its ok to be rude to everyone. I hope you'd never speak to anyone this way in person.
Not often! I speak to people how I get spoken to, I feel like. But often enough, people don't communicate as aggressively in person as they do online or in written format; so there's really no need to ever be anything but pleasant in person, since people can be emphasize visually. But I do feel like something that would normally be humorous in person comes of aggressive in text. Which is generally most things that I say. Dry sarcasm over text = aggression on the other end, unless this person has had an in person experience with me and understands my humor. Not everything I say is actually is intense as its seems. It's sarcastic. When I'm actually aggressive, I apologize, like I have to you Ab for being an idiot that one time. Everything else is generally sarcasm.

Does he work for them?
Scott does, yes. In most of his posts Prior to recents, he has placed his position with their company at the end of his responses. I can't remember what it is. Something similar to Abs or Jordan's with Olaplex I believe.

Scott does, yes. In most of his posts Prior to recents, he has placed his position with their company at the end of his responses. I can't remember what it is. Something similar to Abs or Jordan's with Olaplex I believe.
Ah gotcha, I thought he was other person who works for a company but then claims not too o_O

;);)
Ah gotcha, I thought he was other person who works for a company but then claims not too o_O
Nah. He's been open about it on all threads I feel like. Maybe just tired of typing in the title? If only there were a signature line that would default in like emails! *wink wink*;)

;);)
Nah. He's been open about it on all threads I feel like. Maybe just tired of typing in the title? If only there were a signature line that would default in like emails! *wink wink*;)

There used to be, not sure if you still can.

@AcidPerm can we?

2nd paragraph.... Who is we?

Sorry for not identifying myself in that post. I am the Director of Education for colorpHlex. I did state that in earlier posts and I didn't think it was really important to keep repeating the fact, but I can see that it would be important to someone just joining the thread. I'll try to be more diligent in identifying myself in the future.

Latest posts

Back