Ultimate application form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeadQuarters

Reaction score
A very good afternoon fellow geeks!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

We HQ are now working with the local education system to offer taster days, work experience, day release and full time apprenticeships as well as a training facility for them to use for a real life environment with real life customers.

We sat down with the people that be the other day with the idea that we can help the students get a feel for what working life is all about, We all know the stylists that come to us after doing full time education, very highly skilled but have no idea how a salon is run.

As some of you know our personal backgrounds, Myself(Callum) and partner bought this salon with Carla(partner) being level 2 qualified in hair... and that is all we had, I am a business consultant specializing in security so i have no tech knowledge at all, then over 4 years we have paid of the business loan, built up services and staff and customers and are now flying high. So now we want to start off at the very bottom and that is looking for future staff members.

Im not as daft as i am cabbage looking and this is not all about giving back to the community and helping the kids... :O yes you guessed it i am actually working with the local education system so we get fist look at which stylists will be coming through, it will give us a good foot in the door at the schools for advertising prom packages, will give us great exposure in local media, will introduce lots more people to the salon and also keep our existing staff up to date with modern trends and techniques...

But the problem we face is paperwork... not the legal paperwork of doing it all, we are all DBS (new crb system) checked, we make our staff kid safe awarded for child customers so they are covered for school kids and the college kids we are aiming at, I am talking more along the lines of application forms and the such. When it comes to stylists and staff i only look for the very best and usually go on the cv and how they are in person and where they have come from and how many customers they will bring me ;) but this is different...

I WANT TO... With all your help, create the ultimate application form, Something we can all use, Taking the very best questions and methods to find out everything we could possibly want to know, yes you all may have a very good one at the moment but maybe you are missing that one question... so if you could all be so kind to reply with a question you would have or even ALL the questions you would have and then i can compile the form for my use and obviously if anybody else wants to use it they can.

This is only the start i will also then look at interviews and the rest...

Many thanks in advance... HQ.

???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi, I might be a bit slow but what exactly is the application form for? Is it to take to school's for students to have work experience with you? Or, is it for qualified staff to apply for a job?

Both... just a general application form :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back