Ultrasound Hair Removal Applisonix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
Ultrasound Hair Removal.... Applisonix.
Do any of you have any experience of this form of Hair removal?
Really would like to hear any views on this.
Has anyone had it done? Are you happy with the results?
Does it actually work?
I was thinking of trying it, but don't know if it sounds too good to be true.
Quite expensive £50 per 20 minutes of treatment, but if it does work then I don't think it is over priced. They recommend min 6 treament course per area.
I await you knowledgeable replies.
x x x :hug: x x x

hi

ive had laser hair removal bikini and underarms at the Skin Clinic ... works for the most part and very painful ... few hairs left, on my underarms they are fairly fine / light ones

at the beginning of the year i was told that the Skin clinic in birmingham were trialing an ultrasound hair removal system, which would also target fine / light coloured hair and be pain free !

im hoping to get my legs done through the winter, probably september and will be asking about the ultrasound one then as my legs are fairly fair

sorry not much help ! but thats my two pennies worth of knowledge on the subject !

kx

Anyone ????

Not much help but I have two clients who have experienced this type of hair removal. They both liked it but it was difficult to tell if it had been effective. It would be great if the company could do more definitive studies as the marketing blurb showing test studies is not very convincing I'm afraid.

We have just taken on Applisonix in our salon. The training was very good and like you have said it sounds to good to be true, no pain, which I think is the best thing. and can treat all hair types and skin types, amazing!! I have done the treatment only I couple of times and had it done a couple of times so guess its to early to tell on the true results. But trust me my boss did a lot of research and would have only taken it on if she knew it would work and do well in our business.
The clients Ive done it on so far are my Electrolysis ladies and one of them said she didn't care how much more money it is she would have it any day/all day as it didnt hurt as she would normally jump off the bed when I do her upper lip under her nose.
Also what makes it so much better from electrolysis is, and I hope i can explain without my normal hand actions I do for my clients is that with electrolysis is that the needle has to go in so correctly and precise down the hair follicle to get to the hair root to work so if its slightly off even by a tiny bit it wont work also if the hair shaft is not straight i.e from waxing plucking it wont hit the right spot either. But with applisonix because its ultrasound it doesn't matter about any of that is will just travel down and hit the spot, thus meaning more effective results.

I'm actually really excited about having this at the salon and cant wait to do more and more and see the results.
Hope this helps girls

It is an interesting concept and not a new one. My own reservations were the lack of research proving its results and the power levels. When I looked at it it had 3 set power levels. With a good Apilus machine you can alter the power, mode and time duration to suit the hair. This is where the skill of being a good electrolysist really comes to the fore and what being a professional is all about. Difficult hairs can be treated effectively and more comfortably with an Apilus. However it seems like the Applisonix may be suitable for some clients but the price tag did not warrant me taking it on compared to the results I am getting now. However I always like to see what is available so will watch with interest.:lol:

We have just taken on Applisonix in our salon. The training was very good and like you have said it sounds to good to be true, no pain, which I think is the best thing. and can treat all hair types and skin types, amazing!! I have done the treatment only I couple of times and had it done a couple of times so guess its to early to tell on the true results. But trust me my boss did a lot of research and would have only taken it on if she knew it would work and do well in our business.
The clients Ive done it on so far are my Electrolysis ladies and one of them said she didn't care how much more money it is she would have it any day/all day as it didnt hurt as she would normally jump off the bed when I do her upper lip under her nose.
Also what makes it so much better from electrolysis is, and I hope i can explain without my normal hand actions I do for my clients is that with electrolysis is that the needle has to go in so correctly and precise down the hair follicle to get to the hair root to work so if its slightly off even by a tiny bit it wont work also if the hair shaft is not straight i.e from waxing plucking it wont hit the right spot either. But with applisonix because its ultrasound it doesn't matter about any of that is will just travel down and hit the spot, thus meaning more effective results.

I'm actually really excited about having this at the salon and cant wait to do more and more and see the results.
Hope this helps girls

Where did you do the training and who does it?

The trainer came to us, it is an Ireland based company. Im not at work at the mo but can get the info for you next time i'm in. :biggrin:

The trainer came to us, it is an Ireland based company. Im not at work at the mo but can get the info for you next time i'm in. :biggrin:

That would be much appreciated! It's like pulling teeth trying to find info on this.

I followed a users blog about this treatment on a forum over many months. Waxing between sessions was encouraged, which to me. to make it suspect. After about 9 months she gave up and found a better electrologist, and is now doing really well. It is manufactured in Israel and has been available for about 2 years. it is very popular in Ireland. Its target was to provide an alternative to laser for those whose skin and hair colour left them unable to avail of LHR.

The main reason that I personally beleive this to be an utter scam, is this. It is so simple to perform, as long as you can see, you can do it. So if is so simple and so effective, why would you sell it to individuals for a few thousand pounds, when you could franchise it and be an overnight multi billionaire. However it will make some money for the salons before the truth gains mainstream acceptance. Painless always sells. Anyway that is my belief about this new method of permanent hair removal, that has not hit the headlines in any reputed medical or scientific medium.

Latest posts

Back