Unbelievable Road Rage Attack to an Extreme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I was travelling along the A653 this morning through Shaw Cross in the when out of the blue a white van man was tail gatting me with his lights on full beam. Now i've only got a little MR2 so it was the perfect height to completely blind my vision.

I carried on as there was no space to pull to the left to let him pass as I was blinded by his lights I slowed down as I was getting nervous but there was still no where to move to let him past he sat behind me then once through the lights at Soothill I got into the other lane hoping he’d pass me and drive on but he didn’t he pulled along side me and was gesticulating I ignored him and continued on as I didn’t want to make the situation any worse.

I moved over to the right hand lane as I realised he wasn’t going to leave me alone and I thought I’d turn around at tingley roundabout and go a different way but as I approached the lights at the A6029 I had to wait as there as a right turner blocking the lane and as I slowed he pulled along side me and was swearing and shaking his fist etc

He then speeded up and swerved right in front of my car vertually blocking both lanes and hung out of his window and as called me a ***ing bitch and various other un-repeatables and still showing a clenched fist.

At this point I dialled 999 as I really did think he was going to try and drag me out of my car and hit me. I can’t tell you what else he said as I was terrified and was fumbling for my mobile to call the police. I hung up before the call connected as he drove off – I assume as I realised I was calling the police.

I still have no idea why he did this I didn't see him signalling to pull out nor was had I tail gated him or anyone else for that matter.

When i got work i called the company he worked for and reported it and called the police who have asked me to go down tonight to make a formal statement and hopefully he will think twice about being so threating.

I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else and I only wish they would make this carry points or a fine as it's a horrible experience I never wish to go through again.

Goodness Lou you poor thing. You did the right thing by slowing down and not trying to outrun him. Stupid people, what satisfaction do they get out of doing this? :hug: :hug: :hug:

how awful - good on you for reporting it to the police. What a halfwit. I hope he gets a good ticking off - there could have been a terrible outcome.

amb x:hug: :hug: :hug:

Blimey that's horrible :hug:

I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong and were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone had obviously upset him so he took it out on you, what a twat :rolleyes:

Well he's going to get a short, sharp shock when the police knock on his door, maybe that will make him realise it's not acceptable behaviour, especially when behind the wheel of a vehicle.

:hug:

Glad you're ok now.:hug:
What did his company say? Let's hope that both his employers and the police sort him out.:smack:

Glad you're ok now.:hug:
What did his company say? Let's hope that both his employers and the police sort him out.:smack:

They thanked me for informing them and once I've spoke to the police I will know if I'm to do more.

They probably won't say much more anyway due to data protection act etc which is fine as i'd rather the police dealt with it anyway - having said that I reported perverted calls 6 months ago and never got any response for the investigateing office so who knows!

Glad you're OK Lou, what an awful thing to have to experience xxx

Where do men get off thinking they can speak to and treat women this way??

When I first came to live in the UK 40 years ago, a man would have NEVER treated a woman this way or spoken in this manner.

I'm so glad you are going to make a statement and that you called his company about it ,,, clever girl.

What an awful experience...but you kept your head and kept yourself safe.
Well done for reorting this to his employers and police....maybe now he will think twice before he terrorises another lone female motorist.

OMG Louise, this makes truly shocking reading ... I'm pleased though that you have reported this total scumbag to his employers and the police.

i hate men like this. one time this bloke pulled into my lane without even indicating and cut me up, causing me to brake hard. so i flashed him. as you do. then he starts with the two fingered salute and all that when we pulled up at the lights. so, being me, i did it back. well, what do you expect, i was well miffed because i knew he was in the wrong, and maybe i shouldn't have flashed him but some people just seem oblivious to those around them and need to be reminded they are not the only ones on the road. anyway, after a few gesticulations through the window, he ended up getting out of his car as if to threaten me. well you know what, no one threatens me. so i got out too. the look on his face was a picture, i was at least 5 inches taller than him and he got back in his car with his tail between his legs when i told him to "bring it on".

now i know you're gonna tell me i shouldn't have got out being a woman and all that and, with hindsight you're probably right, he could have been a right nutter, but i just can't stand blokes who think they can intimidate women, and there was no way i was not gonna stand up to this bloke. funnily enuf, i think i just proved the point that if you stand up to a bully they don't know what to do.

Someone gave me some really good advice once. if you make a mistake when driving and cut someone up, which everyone does at some point because we're all human and make mistakes, then just put your hand up to apologise and you'll be surprised how quickly it calms the situation. Unless of course, you don't know you did it or have no idea why someone is ranting at you, then just call the police.

How DARE he think he can get away with that sort of behaviour! :mad: Good on you for reporting him. Even if the police don't do anything, hopefully his employer will. Big :hug: :hug: to you, honey.

I hate to say this, but I'd be suprised if the police take it further, unless you have witnesses who can identify him, otherwise it is your word against his!

I really hope for you that this is not the case though. What an awful experience.

I really feel for you,we had a horrible experience last year and the guy was a total maniac,he got out of his car and started to come towards my hubby and me,whilst we waited at the traffic lights.

It was terrifying and my hubby reversed at quickly in order to get away from this guy.

I hope the police do do something along with his company.How dare people be it male or female think they can threaten and intimidate others.

Automatic ban for a month I think would be a just punishment,but it's proving it isn't it????

Good luck hun and well done for keeping your cool.:hug:

you did right by calling the police and his employers, do these vicious men not realise the panic that sets in when they pull these kind of neanderthal stunts

They thanked me for informing them and once I've spoke to the police I will know if I'm to do more.

They probably won't say much more anyway due to data protection act etc which is fine as i'd rather the police dealt with it anyway - having said that I reported perverted calls 6 months ago and never got any response for the investigateing office so who knows!

Hi Louise, firstly hope ure ok what a edjit but white man van says it all lol, I would have swearved the car sideyways n got bet he would have got the fright they do I've done it b4 lol (bit silly but I was gettin well p'd off!)
Anyway what I wanted to say was I was getting calls last year just as I moved into my 1st flat by my self I was freaked out beyond belief! The police came up a few times but because the phone was a mobile and was'nt registered there was nothing they could do! pathetic I say but you should go back to the police if you are still getting them they can trace them. xx:hug:

Louise, glad you're OK hun!

What a terrifying experience! I hate these drivers who try and intimidate you on the road, they put you in a situation whereby you feel you should be moving over to get out of their way and by doing this (as you're in such a panic) you yourself could cause an accident and the white van git drives off to intimidate someone else.

Well done for reporting it to both his company and the police, hopefully they will take this seriously, make sure you let the police know how terrified you were.

Teri x:hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG Louise, this makes truly shocking reading ... I'm pleased though that you have reported this total scumbag to his employers and the police.

Karen thank you for the gift it's adorable i'll wear it with pride and the first one I've had.:cry: in a good way.

Your very thoughtful and kind Geek.
:hug:

I'm off to the cop shop now so will let you all know what they say.

It's a form of bullying, really isn't it, as Buggy said, and boy do I hate bullies!

Some men love causing women to feel intimidated and panicked, gives them their kicks! I'd love to give them their kicks....right in the b*llocks!

As much as we're advised not to do this, I would be with Buggy on this one....I always get out to...erm...'sort' the situation out, and I also always tend to be about half a foot taller than them....always the little guys with the indelible inferiority complex right?!

Ooh and if he'd have been blinding me in my rear view mirror, then I'd have switched on my rear fogs and got him right back! Nothing like Forester rear fogs!

Phew, this has got me peed off just reading this, time for a cuppa. Hope the police and this guy's company sort him out for you hun :hug:

What a flippin' idiot he sounds! I'm glad you're ok and you've reported him. Hopefully a visit from the police will make him think twice about doing something so stupid again.

Latest posts

Back