Unbranded acrylic rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Hi
Ihad a new client booked in for a rebalance of acrylic that had been done in another salon & on for 4 wks. I explained it would depend on the condition of the nails if i could rebalance & she said that was fine.
My client came in and the nails looked very thick and long but much to my surprise they filed really well and once i buffed the colour of i couldnt believe how intact they where without any lifting, if my acrylics came back like that after 4wks i would be beyond delighted.

Anyway she didn't know what products where used as they where in clear non branded containers - there was no bad smell when filling them but they where so well adhered to the nail.
She is a hairdresser so her nails get alot of abuse & although they looked thick and rushed the actual acrylic was so easy to rebalance - as a result i am know thinking what on earth am i doing wrong, they where a pleasure to rebalance i wish i knew which brand it was. I use young nails ( frustrated rant over).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What problems do you have rebalancing the young nails acrylic? x

Hi
Ihad a new client booked in for a rebalance of acrylic that had been done in another salon & on for 4 wks. I explained it would depend on the condition of the nails if i could rebalance & she said that was fine.
My client came in and the nails looked very thick and long but much to my surprise they filed really well and once i buffed the colour of i couldnt believe how intact they where without any lifting, if my acrylics came back like that after 4wks i would be beyond delighted.

Anyway she didn't know what products where used as they where in clear non branded containers - there was no bad smell when filling them but they where so well adhered to the nail.
She is a hairdresser so her nails get alot of abuse & although they looked thick and rushed the actual acrylic was so easy to rebalance - as a result i am know thinking what on earth am i doing wrong, they where a pleasure to rebalance i wish i knew which brand it was. I use young nails ( frustrated rant over).

Find out what salon it was then call and ask what they use.

If they used unmarked containers I bet it was a salon using mma. It's always perfect and never breaks but is bad for your nails and banned in some countries. Does make you sick tho cos it takes any amount of bashing

Last edited by a moderator:
What problems do you have rebalancing the young nails acrylic? x
Hi
Its not so much as having problems they are just a lot of work i always have lifting of some description anything from minor lifting to nails either missing or need soaked off and replaced - its not every client and im meticulous with prep, i did a conversion course with young nails last year and love working with the product but the way this other acrylic was still intact was unbelievable- the client said she had got 6wks before out of them and i dont doubt it (although explained the implications of leaving it so long) it may well be mma?

If they used unmarked containers I bet it was a salon using mma. It's always perfect and never breaks but is bad for your nails and banned in some countries. Does make you sick tho cos it takes any amount of bashing
Yes it has a rep as quick in quick out- its just hard to compete with that kind of lasting power- unfortunately alot of clients only see that and not the overall finish of the nails.
My client loved the nails i did for her ( wish id taken a before and after) they where so much finer and a better shape, but at the end of the day i know it will come down to how they stand up to her previous nails. She did comment on leaving i really hope these last as they look so much and feel so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back