Under 16's Nail Disclaimer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a disclaimer for a parent to complete for their under 16 daughter to have gel nails.
I have a form for all clients to fill out on their first visit to me which I will get the mother of the client to complete but wanted a more specific one for an underage treatment so to speak?
Anyone have anything they could send me? x

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Bump

You need to check with your insurance company to see if you can do the treatment at all. A disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on.

You need to check with your insurance company to see if you can do the treatment at all. A disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I have checked everything with my insurance company who have confirmed I need a disclaimer.

You should have a standard policy for this, one that clearly states age limits for certain services. It should conform to industry standards, legal precedents and, of course, your insurance policy. MissLease is correct, a disclaimer ain't worth the paper it is written on.

Cosmetic industry associations and the manufacturers say that enhancements, including gel polish, should not be done on children. They don't define an age, but you should. If that age is under 16 you should use a disclaimer, for whatever degree of protection it offers. I could not find such a disclaimer, but it should reference the dangers or side effects of any treatment as well as any aftercare requirements - you are seeking informed consent.

It's not a disclaimer you need, you need a parental consent form.

Also check the HABIA code for under 16s as it states no metal tools are to be used, amongst other rules.

Latest posts

Back