Underarm wax HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpq

Reaction score
I should be asleep but I can't sleep from worrying!
Today I had in a client for half leg and underarm wax and brows. The client had never had any waxing before. I did her legs first and she had a lot of quite thick dark hair which was removed easily.
I then did her underarms. The hair was also coarse and black. I used warm wax and normal technique but found where every hair was removed there was a blood spot. I've seen blood spotting before but not every pore! I wiped it away and applied soothing lotion but it still bled so I put loads of soothing cream on and tissue and put her arms straight while I did her eyebrows.

I'm so scared is this normal!?! She said it felt fine but I've been thinking about it ever since.

Thanks!

Hey,

How was this lady removing her hair before? With some hair growth yes the pores can bleed even under the arms. Its rare to bleed that much but if you cleansed the skin properly, stretched the skin and applied the wax in the correct way then yes it sounds fine and she is just one of those people with extremely course hair.

The more she waxes, the better the regrowth and it should get better each time she has a wax....

Feel better? XXX Sleep Well!!

Sarah

Oh yes. The first time I had my underarms waxed, I bled so bad. every single pore. I have curly thick hair and my underarms were sore for a week. i kid you not.

breathe :)

Hiya
This can happen. I have a lady who bleeds like this on the brazilian area! It frightened the life out of me first time. Thankfully the more she has it done the better it gets.

She also has thick brown curly hair.

Don't worry just be prepared for future. I use perron rigot pre wax & I just put some on cotton wool & wipe away & dont alert the client to it.

Caroline xx

Why wouldn't you alert the client to it? You should let the client know, and tell her its completely normal and advise on savlon cream for a few days after.

Sorry not meant to be critical but I would tell the client.

I did day to the client before hand it may bleed a bit as I've seem that happen before and she just said it was fine she was a nurse she can handle blood lol but yeah you all have made me feel 1million times better! Her hair was very coarse and curled and I hoped that was why but just wanted to check! I pointed it out to her after and gave her some afterwax to take away and said to avoid deodorant etc.

Thanks so much honestly your all amazing!!! X

Just wanted to add "Re: should you tell client or not about the bleeding"

It's a fine line between what you tell your clients and what you don't.
If the blood spots were temporary even if profuse and were gone by end of complete treatment, ie, legs brows too etc then I would not mention it as indeed, different clients will have different reactions and there is no point worrying them unecessarily.
If a problem has not ceased by end of session then yes, absolutely you must alert the client with appropriate further instruction.

Another tip would be to always wax the tiniest area first leading up to legs.
I would do lip, brows, underarms, bikini, legs (if half) in that order.
It gives a chance for lip/brows/visible areas to calm down a bit before client leaves and I always check underarms again at end to add more cream if necessary or to see if blood spots have ceased.

I had never had my underarms waxed before i did my waxing course. one underarm was done with warm wax and the other was done with hot wax, none of my under arms bled but if they had have done i would have wanted to know about it, imagine going home and finding blood on your clothes.
the underarm done with warm wax was sore for a few days but the one done with hot wax wasnt sore at all. Is it best to do underarms with hot wax all the time or does it vary dependant on the hair type.

I had a client like this just yesterday. Most of the hairs under her arms were double hairs (2 hairs from the same follicle) and her hairs were very coarse and yes she bled, but no way would I tell her she had bled. I didn't want to scare the bejesus out of her!
When you get blood spotting from waxing, just wipe over with some cleanser and it will stop almost immediately. You really don't want to worry them with something that is completely normal and stops immediately.
If you bruise them, scratch them, burn them, then yes tell them but don't tell them that they have some blood that you are going to wipe away anyway.
Sometimes you may wax over a spot or something that you haven't seen and this can bleed and then you would tell the client. They don't need to know that their follicles are bleeding :)

Yes i work from top to bottom too,as client tend to worry more about a red top lip rather than her legs.Less moving the client around too,as you dont keep moving them around duing waxing.Lip,chin.eyebrow,underarm,front off leg,then move them to do back off leg.Only moving the client once and not sticking to the towel or couch roll.

Sarah 38

Why alert the client when there is no need to?? It would freak them out for no reason. Blood spotting can be absolutely normal! If I had burnt or bruised a client I would absolutely tell them & to the other poster if a client is going home with blood on their clothes then thats more than blood spotting!!!

And I give printed aftercare & tea tree cream to ALL my clients not just those who have blood spotted!!
Jeez!

Caroline

I bled like that when I had my underarms done. My underarms are absolutely fine, no lasting damage xx

I think you should always tell your client as she may go away and think it's not normal and panic. As long as your confident and say it's perfectly normal and let her know of any after care advice it will put her at ease, explain it's her hair type and encourage to keep waxing only not shave and it will get better with each treatment. I didn't believe my waxer as I'd alway shaved and hated the pain but the hairs grow back finer and further treatments are less painful, I never let a razor near me now, I just wear long trousers and sleeves in the in between stage

Latest posts

Back