Underarm waxing - how often?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
I'm trying to build up my waxing clientele but am having difficultly in convincing waxing virgins to give it a try. One of the most common comments is that they can't bear to let the hair grow under their arms.

Providing the hair is long enough, is it OK to wax every 2-3 weeks or is there any reason why it shouldn't be done too often?

I'm trying to build up my waxing clientele but am having difficultly in convincing waxing virgins to give it a try. One of the most common comments is that they can't bear to let the hair grow under their arms.

Providing the hair is long enough, is it OK to wax every 2-3 weeks or is there any reason why it shouldn't be done too often?

Most clients wouldn't need to be waxed every 2 or 3 weeks. Though of course some do.

However if the clients new to underarm waxing I would definitely be recommending they come in for the first 2 or 3 times ever 2 to 3 weeks to get the hair into an established hair growth cycle.

Once the client is Regularly being waxed they will find their regrowth is softer and doesn't grow back anywhere near as quickly as shaving or creams.

A lot of clients panic that their hair will grow back after a few days like it does with shaving.

If you do get clients who have really strong, fast hair growth then of course book them in as often as needed providing their hair is long enough to be waxed.

Hi Elliebee, if you've not already done so you could try pushing the fact that that now is the best time to try it as it's winter so they'll be covered up more during the growing stage.

No problem with waxing frequently providing the hair is long enough and the clients skin doesn't become irritated. Doing it more often would get the hairs at each different growth stage also if that makes sense.

Hope that helps.

Kelly x

Although 4 weeks is ideal, if they can't wait, then do it as often as you think it's long enough. Use hot wax if you can so it grabs the hair first time. x

Perfect!

I already use hot wax for underarms so wasn't too worried about catching the shorter hairs.

I just vaguely remember reading that you shouldn't wax more frequently than every 4 weeks but I wasn't sure if that also applied to underarms.

Thanks everyone x

Hello!

Why don't you do an offer of something like "book in for an under arm wax and get your next underarm wax (3weeks later) for half price" this way they can discover the amazing results of wax and feel like they are getting a good deal ;) xx

Latest posts

Back