underarm waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-anne

Reaction score
:Scared: Can any one advise me on doing an under arm wax on yourself? i know all about doing bikini waxing and facial but i`m stuck on the best way to pull your skin taught while pulling the wax off.:)

My advice would be to go to a professional beauty therapist.

Waxing yourself imo is quite hard to do and tbh if we were giving out instructions over the net we wouldn't have many clients left !

I agree, I have tried to wax my underarms myself, and ended up in a right mess, its very hard to do yourself!:irked:

I agree, not very advisable to give instructions out over the net...however, I do my own waxing (usually at night as its easier cos I can sleep off the discomfort...lol) the best tip is what you would have learnt in training, to ALWAYS maintain a good stretch. I bend my arm at the elbow and place my hand behind my head to reeeeallly strech and remove wax in the opposite direction of hair growth. Hope this helps.

i taught my husband to do mine, underarms are more difficult to do on yourself than any of the other bits.

I can sleep off the discomfort...lol)

oh no don't say that!!! - im booked into out local salon to have the whole waxing package before my hols - underarm, 1/2 leg and bikini - i never had any waxing done before :eek:

Definately something i wouldn't attempt on myself - underarms will be very tricky to do i guess, cos (correct me if im wrong) isn't waxing a 2 handed job?

Underarms on yourself are very tricky, you need to grow at least another one arm - lol. Go to a salon and have it done more pain on your pocket but less pain on your underarms.

I can't wax any where on myself!!

Part because it's tricky to get the technique correct so that I don't bruise myself and part because I'm a coward!!!

So I have a friend who has also recently qualified and we now get together to wax each other.:lol:

As the others have said I think the best thing would be to book yourself in with a therapist - much easier and dfinately less painful!

After years and years of doing my underarm waxes (not always smooth) I have gone back to shaving my underarms.

The only place I bother to wax is my bikini line and brows!!

i do all off my facial and leg waxing myself but theres no way i'd do my underarm and bikini, tried once, it wasn't pretty! it bloody hurt, couldn't get skin taught enough, now i swap with a friend who's a therapist too xx

I have taught my other half how to pull off the strip in the right direction, i apply the wax he applies the pain lol

:)Thanks guys, :)
I know how you do it on a client from my training but i`ve never tried under arm waxing on myself i just fancied tryin but after reading your replies i think i`ll get Joolz to do it for me professionally lol I`ll just stick to doing my own bikini and eyebrow waxing lol :lol::lol:

I do my own, but I think it helps that I'm very skinny & resonably toned so I don't need to hold the skin taunt, just stretch my arm back behind my head.
It is a really tricky area to do on yourself.

I tried to wax my underarms once - i got one done.... it can still hurt 3 years later.....

unfortunately many people try it at home as well after seeing the advert and thinking it's easy - they have a bad experience and then stay clear of waxing altogether (this is what my mum did for many years until i qualified)... it's a shame as it's not truly reflective of what waxing is like to recieve or how effective it is.

Tried to give myself a home wax recently ... BIG MISTAKE ... not only did it hurt like hell, but I managed to rip some skin off too :cry::irked:

I learned the hard way, and will stick with the professionals waxers from now on because they know exactly what they're doing ... unlike me!

Well I wax my own legs and upper lip with no problems. Up to now I have been too 'chicken' to try underarm waxing - preferring electric shaving 3 + times a week sigh!!

Yesterday I was 'forced' into it due to students at college who still had to do an underarm wax to complete their critera and I got cagooled into having mine done. I was so worried as the lady who was going to do mine (hot wax on one u/arm - warm wax on the other side) had failed her morning assignment due to 'hurting' her client and her client leaving before she could complete the full service!!! Oh humm.. was I scared!!!!

ANYWAY... I have to say...she did a good job. I stretched my skin like no tomorrow and took a deep breath and the hot wax didnt hurt at all. I am converted! The warm wax didnt really hurt but was a little sticky... but she did a good job.

Monthly underarm waxing for me in the future ... but definately in a salon - there is no way I would attempt to do my own. lol!!

:)Thanks guys, :)
I know how you do it on a client from my training but i`ve never tried under arm waxing on myself i just fancied tryin but after reading your replies i think i`ll get Joolz to do it for me professionally lol I`ll just stick to doing my own bikini and eyebrow waxing lol :lol::lol:
hey hun you know where i am:hug:

I do my my underarms with my arm behind my head - but they are not particularly hairy.

Bikini I do standing up - then you naturally get a stretch

Latest posts

Back