unemployed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
Hi all

Long time since i have been on here properely,
have been working in a hair salon for the past 9 months,
doing nails, got to work on saturday to be told it was my last day as the salon was closing down she has gone bump.

so i am now unemployed cant believe it, had a day notice i am gutted,
luckly the clients i did there were mainly my own that i have done for the past few years they have followed me every where i have worked, so looks like i will have to go mobile again, the thing is she has closed the salon down with all the stock left in it, i dont have a thing to start with got to re build all my kit once again.

cant you ask her if you can buy some stock from her then???? ....what a shame for you huni...glad to hera though that you can go mobile with some clients already for ya xx

If she has closed the shop it sounds like she has been closed and its out of her hands.
this happened at a place I worked, the receptionist was given 4 hours notice of closure, and then the bailiffs came and ushered her out on the street, they took the keys off her and locked up.

We had been given a warning 6 months previously by the accountant believe it or not, that we should not have any personal belongings in the premises as once closure has been done, you can not get anything from the premises.

oh hun i am so sorry to hear this

good luck with going mobile

Did you use your own stock or did you use the Salons stoock?

Sorry to hear things have ended at the salon but good luck with going mobile.:hug:

thanks all...

she brought everything brand new when opening the salon only 9 months ago
i worked for her as i did not want to go self employed and she paid me a fare wage and comission, it was a hair salon also, business to our knowledge was good, but she has not been handlin the books very good at all, apparently she has not paid the rent for some months, its a grand a month just for the rent, she has thrown the towel in, after spending 20 grand on the salon, i am still in shock just cant believe it...

anyone that has any ibd products for sale or lamp just send me a message i will be interested

thanks again

mwah x

sounds like you can rescue your workload very quickly.

you are going to have to bite the bullet and go out and buy your stock so that when the phone rings you are ready to go straight away. You will have to get it all eventually so just do it all in one go.

get a leaflet made up and get it distrubuted so that the clients know that you are still about and willing to do mobile.

I must say though, this situation sounds very strange. the woman ploughed £20k to set the place up, but folded in 9 months.
To spend that amount of money to set up, she would have had to get a loan and write a business plan out, and would have had to plan for every eventuality to get the loan.

hi hun

she didnt get a loan, her father is a very rich man he gave her the money in the first place, i said what about the 20 grand u paid out, she replied its only money abd wasnt mine in the first place.

crazy

what a waste

xx

hi,
the last salon i worked at was owned by a husband and wife who then split, and it was signed to him, or so we thought, she strolled in one day whilse he was on hol and shut the place down on a saturday half an hour before closing, literelly throwing us out, police were called as the manager lived in the flat above the salon. it was a nightmare, it was a game between the two and we were stuck in the middle. but he hasnt paid us our wages and redundancy pay so we are going to the tribunal soon:cry: scared!!!
it can often turn out its the best thing, remember everything happens for a reason!!
jen
x

Latest posts

Back