Uneven blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma99900

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a client who has bleached blonde hair. Her natural base is around a 5/6 and the rest is bleached, lighter on the ends and kinda yellow mid length. She has massive regrowth.

She wants to colour crazy pink. I'm thinking bleach the roots first then run down through mid lengths to get an even colour and then put crazy color pink on top.

What do you guys think?

Anyone? Help please lol

If she has a massive regrowth you will probably need to follow the procedure for full head lightening by applying to the midband of the root first and leaving a 3cm gap at the scalp, then once the midband is an 8 apply to the scalp.

I'd use a very gentle lightening technique for the midlengths, Wella have provided us with a brilliant one:

1 part blondor multi blonde powder or soft blonde cream to 4 parts pastel developer; development time is up to 50 minutes and you can reapply if the hairs condition will allow it.

To be completely honest crazy colour isn't really the best brand out there for bright semi permanent colours, it has a green base so when it fades out it leaves a green tone.

Is your client aware of the upkeep required as the first couple of applications will fade quite quickly? I'd suggest retailing a bottle of crazy colour plus gloves to take home with her.

I think the fading to green in crazy colour only really affects the blue based shades inc. Turqoise & Purple.
Pinkissimo or Cyclamen should be fine.

hey guys, thanks so much for your help, much appreciated.i hate crazy colour!!!!

If she has a massive regrowth you will probably need to follow the procedure for full head lightening by applying to the midband of the root first and leaving a 3cm gap at the scalp, then once the midband is an 8 apply to the scalp.

I'd use a very gentle lightening technique for the midlengths, Wella have provided us with a brilliant one:

1 part blondor multi blonde powder or soft blonde cream to 4 parts pastel developer; development time is up to 50 minutes and you can reapply if the hairs condition will allow it.

To be completely honest crazy colour isn't really the best brand out there for bright semi permanent colours, it has a green base so when it fades out it leaves a green tone.

Cams, have you tried this with olaplex yet? I am thinking color touch 4% would be the way to go, right.

hey guys

shes put a box dye on!!!!!

the roots have lightened. mid lengths are yellow.
hi lift or blondor?

plan is to go through the sections and try to cover the yellow parts.

then colour touch instamatic 4%? do you agree? trying to avoid the crazy colour.

am I going about lightening the correct way? omg... ive forgotten so much and its upsetting :(

thanks for your help

hey guys

shes put a box dye on!!!!!

the roots have lightened. mid lengths are yellow.
hi lift or blondor?

plan is to go through the sections and try to cover the yellow parts.

then colour touch instamatic 4%? do you agree? trying to avoid the crazy colour.

am I going about lightening the correct way? omg... ive forgotten so much and its upsetting :(

thanks for your help

Mild lightener on yellow parts if condition allows

But why instamatic with 4%?

Hi cams - first, thank you so much for your help.

Instamatic with 1.4?

Instamatic I've been told fades out nicely?

Thanks again x

Hi cams - first, thank you so much for your help.

Instamatic with 1.4?

Instamatic I've been told fades out nicely?

Thanks again x

All you need is 1.9% with the instamatic. It fades out quite quickly though. Pink lasts a while compared to the rest.

Also they're pastel colours so they're not very vibrant is that what your clients aiming for?

Just read some reviews which said they aren't very bright.

She's after a baby pink.

Back to crazy colour? Do you know of any alternatives?

Thanks

Adore star gazer and directions all do nice pinks and purples have a look I use a selection of those brands for bright semi colours x

Just read some reviews which said they aren't very bright.

She's after a baby pink.

Back to crazy colour? Do you know of any alternatives?

Thanks

The pink dream in instamatic is like a baby pastel pink it is lovely

Manic Panic and Directions are good.

As it's been coloured with a box dye and then bleached, I wouldn't use another product requiring peroxide on it if I didn't have to, as the cuticle layer could become very damaged.

Latest posts

Back