Uneven/too dark color

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkduck

Reaction score
Okay, so I had hot pink hair. It was Special Effects Atomic Pink, so for those of you well versed in SE, you know they might as well label it permanent.

I'm wearing a plum dress for prom though, so I decided to go back to my natural hair color.

I got Ion Color Brilliance in Dark Brown. It's a level 3, and doesn't have red tones, so I figured it would cover the pink rather well. I stripped the pink out with dish soap and dandruff shampoo, which got it to a faded color on the ends, and blondish at the roots. I put on neutral protein filler, waited 20 minutes, and went ahead with the dye process. 35 minutes later, my pink areas were the same color as my dress, but striped, like on "coon tails".

I hated it, and decided to just try again with the same dye. I went ahead with this, and this time waited 40 minutes (the instructions said 30-45). My hair is now a level 2, almost a level 1 if not under fluorescent lights. This wouldn't be SO bad, but it didn't take everywhere, and I made sure it was evenly applied, and doesn't cover the pink. Right now it has pink patches on the sides, and my bangs look like they have stripes of purple-pink. If under fluorescent lights, my head GLOWS pink.

I'm going to a salon tomorrow to get this fixed, but I'm not sure what to ask them to do. I want my hair back to normal! I can't really bleach it again, the last time I did, it was fine, but the last time I went to a salon and they did it, I had MAJOR breakage (probably because she didn't listen to me on what vol. to use and used 40vol.).

This is the first time I've really had problems with hair, and I'm at a loss. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

o dear!
the best thing you can do really is even the colour up so that is looks good for your prom, this may mean stayin at a level 2, but i couldnt tell this without seeing your hair.
let us know how yu get on!

Latest posts

Back