Unhappy client and toning issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules79

Reaction score
I have a client that had level 9/10 grown out balayage natural level 4. She wanted some low lights and go a shade or 2 darker overall. And also add a few high lights through her regrowth. Turned out great except the highlights in the roots... they were a little warm and kinda brassy. She’s coming back and wants the roots lightened. But doesn’t want to pay. I’ve done her hair a few times and have always bin able to lift past orange previously. So she confused as to y it’s orange this time. And thinks I should fix it for free. I will tone it to cancel the orange for free since that was my mistake I didn’t formulate properly to cancel the orange initially. But I don’t think I should re bleach the roots for free!! What is everyone’s thoughts on this.
And also could someone help with the steps to tone just the roots without it effecting the mids/ends and have it blend nicely.

A8B70F8D-300A-4ADC-823A-80C1AC7F390F.jpeg

No-one else would do it for free so why should you?

It's not your fault if she's changed her mind. Clients like this really get on my nerves! The only way I would do this for free is if you feel like you didn't achieve what you'd agreed on at the consultation stage.

I have a client that had level 9/10 grown out balayage natural level 4. She wanted some low lights and go a shade or 2 darker overall. And also add a few high lights through her regrowth. Turned out great except the highlights in the roots... they were a little warm and kinda brassy. She’s coming back and wants the roots lightened. But doesn’t want to pay. I’ve done her hair a few times and have always bin able to lift past orange previously. So she confused as to y it’s orange this time. And thinks I should fix it for free. I will tone it to cancel the orange for free since that was my mistake I didn’t formulate properly to cancel the orange initially. But I don’t think I should re bleach the roots for free!! What is everyone’s thoughts on this.
And also could someone help with the steps to tone just the roots without it effecting the mids/ends and have it blend nicely.

If she doesn’t want to pay she can find a new hairdresser

It looks really lovely :) I don’t think it needs anymore lift, just tone. I wouldn’t want to lift the root area lighter than the mid lengths and ends anyway.

I agree with Han, if you go lighter at top the ends would need doing too.
However, if it was me and I felt I didn't tone right, I would do for free. Only because it won't take long to tone and after a quick rough dry, she can be on her way, satisfied that you've rectified any mistakes, and hopefully you will retain a client.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I did end up toning it for free. But explained that she would have to pay regular price if she wants the roots lightened. And explained what u mentioned about lighter roots as well and she was cool with it. And I gave her a sample of purple shampoo I had laying around and she was Hppy when she left. Thanks @Hannsh @sarah7898 @House Beauty @ronray

Latest posts

Back