Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
Had a new client on Saturday who started out as a base 5 naturally with about couple of inches root growth and the ends were around a 6 with a red tone. She previously had purple box dye on and stripped it out herself prior to consultation.
She asked for something like these pics.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463428807.589248.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463428815.836702.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463428824.923137.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463428832.962145.jpg

So quite a broad image? I said the pics with the highlights closest to the roots would be more achievable so that it could all be done in one sitting. As a couple of these pics are a base 5 I figured to go along the lines of her natural base with bleach highlights. So I did full head of bleach highlights and colour touch 6/71 and 5/1 to neutralise the red tones but still leave it warm. I also tone the highlights afterwards with illumina 8/69.
She has now messaged me today saying she wanted a lighter, warmer brown with caramel highlights. And also that she has put s box dye on it that has apparently lifted the base colour slightly but not enough?! I have no idea what she has put on it as I'm waiting for her reply.
I just don't know what to do now? She said in hindsight she wanted something more like the first pic...but she didn't specify that? Do I rectify it for her, even though she sent me such a broad range of pics plus she's put s box dye on it since! If I'd have known that was what she was hoping for I'd have said it couldn't be done without lightening all of her hair first slightly and I don't think she would have gone for that.
Thanks if you've got to the end!

Since she has coloured it without giving you the opportunity to look at it and make any changes I don't feel you are obliged to do anything free of charge. If you did it Saturday she hasn't even waited a day to get used to it or come and see you. Whatever you do next will be colour correction as she has added home colour less than 24 hours after you coloured it so the condition is probably quite compromised too. I would just tell her she will have to pay as normal for any future services.

Thank you for your reply.
I think I'm going to say that I'm not going to colour it again, as I probably wouldn't have in the first place if that's what she'd asked for and especially since she's coloured over it herself.
I know this is bad practice but think I'm going to offer to repay back part of the service (will minus the price for cut & blowdry as she said she was happy with that), purely because I feel sorry for her. It seems as if this was a real treat for her so I just feel bad if she's unhappy after paying what to her is a lot of money. By just paying part at least I haven't lost anything, apart from my time. Also, I don't want any bad feedback from her on my Facebook page.

Thank you for your reply.
I think I'm going to say that I'm not going to colour it again, as I probably wouldn't have in the first place if that's what she'd asked for and especially since she's coloured over it herself.
I know this is bad practice but think I'm going to offer to repay back part of the service (will minus the price for cut & blowdry as she said she was happy with that), purely because I feel sorry for her. It seems as if this was a real treat for her so I just feel bad if she's unhappy after paying what to her is a lot of money. By just paying part at least I haven't lost anything, apart from my time. Also, I don't want any bad feedback from her on my Facebook page.

If you refund her it makes it look like your the one in the wrong when your not, she's in the wrong for colouring over it and then asking for you to fix it, and she can't really leave a bad review because it's not even your work anymore now she's coloured it X

Don't give her any money back!! She couldn't wait a couple of days to see you?? Seriously? ?
You aren't obliged to do anything g now as she has put a home colour on herself. That's sending wrong message if you fix it for free or give her money back.

Yes I agree, if she passes on that you refunded her. You may find that you will receive more complaints with people looking for a freebie. I would personally rather fix it for free that do a refund xx

Latest posts

Back