Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, you never cease to amaze me. Thank you all [emoji173]️

I know what some of you are saying 100%, that I am undoubtedly setting a precedent for myself and that refunds don't actually make the situation better (as there's nothing really being done to fix what the client was unhappy with!). I just don't know which other route to go down, as I can't afford to go to court (though thank you so much Simba1972 for your excellent advice here) and I just want this situation to go away. We've organised for her to come into the salon tomorrow lunchtime to talk (in our opinion) or to refund (her opinion).

I've never, ever experienced anything like this before, the few and far between times a client or I have not been 100% with their hair I've worked on it again for free, until we were both happy with it. But refusing point blank to let anyone touch her hair (not even the manager!), getting her boyfriend to leave threatening voicemails on my personal phone, and now (best one yet LOL) she wants to bring her old hairdresser into the salon with her. To basically belittle me in front of my clients in the middle of a busy Saturday. Luckily we have a spare room which my boss can speak to her in, but I'm dreading it. I think this statement emphasises how long she's been out of hairdressing - "my hairdresser says she's never heard of anyone doing balayage with Saran Wrap, it should be foil!"

I want to go and work in Tesco about now! [emoji23]xx

That's what folk don't get.......the fact that most of us in this industry care TOO MUCH, and take it sooo personally when things don't go as well as we'd like! :(
Alway's remember,
..... you can't please EVERYBODY ALL of the time......as long as you please MOST..... that's all you can really ask for!:cool:

Well, this latest twist has had me chuckling.

Bring her old hairdresser? :eek:
Use foils for Balayage. Does she even know what Balayage means?? :rolleyes:

It's getting more bizarre and hilarious by the minute. Oh, how I wish I could be there.

What normal hairdresser would remotely think in a month of Sunday's, that going to another salon to throw their weight around would be a good idea?
o_O :p

I'd be pointing out to the ex-hairdresser, that she's an ex for a reason. :D:D

Agree with the above, I wouldn't refund

Did she come in? What happened? Did she bring her ex hairdresser X

Clients , you either lover or extremely dislike some , I as we all do try our best to please them I honestly don't know what they expect , yes refund is easy but if you and I think you are in the right don't but you know some of them are better just gone
This week I had a text say " what have you done to my hair" on a client who rarely has a cut but likes it thinned(thick wavy hair) apparantly it's awful it's four weeks old , thinning and texturising gets done at roots mmmm anyway I'm ranting prob I have is I know her socialy this happened three days back Iv actually lost sleep over it why would any of us try upset a client , I wonder if they realise we get upset , even if we did make a mistake it happens , it happens in life generally due to unrealistic expectations of what is reality . Iv not yet seen anything on social media but this worries me,
One problem is , I'd personally never ask a client where they had been for a cut if they were slagging another salon, but sometimes you hear constant slating of other places you just know your next , mostly you can ignore it but this one has got to me , even though Iv got great clients most of which I consider friends , I feel like packing up and heading to a new job trouble is my salon is my pride and joy, how do I deal with this , perhaps doing ones best is basically not enough

Last edited:
When I have a bad day I say to my husband "I want to work in tesco" they look much happier and leave there work at work. Unlike us stylists who walk out with the world on our shoulders [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OMG Iv said this today. Well first I said aldi but then thought no I'm at least worth tesco or asda!!

OMG Iv said this today. Well first I said aldi but then thought no I'm at least worth tesco or asda!!
Nothing like promoting yourself lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My husband is a barrister and we were only talking about liability two weeks ago. 1 a court won't entertain a case clearly as there has to be physical scarring, burning , permanent hair loss through burning , allergic reactions causing death or oesophagus airway blocking. 2 your insurance company will want her to have a psychological assessment this will prove either that it's caused her issues psychologically with her everyday well being. Hairdressers very very rarely get taken to court except for the most extreme case ie: death or burns.
If you have offered to put her hair right I can tell you now an insurance company will not entertain such a claim.
My advice is sit tight and wait for a so called court letter oh and by the way the court will want a £350 fee up front from her to even open a case. Don't worry

I really wish I had read this eauer in the week as I just refunded a client who threatened to slate me all over social media unless I refunded her for what she claimed was patchy and not dark enough at the roots and not silver enough on the ends. She said her scalp was irritated by the products (i had done a skin test with no issues) she claimed it was the styling products I used.
It really annoyed me to have to refund her as she and her partner had sat smoking cannabis whilst I did her hair. Im mobile and was halfway through sorting her hair out. I'm not the type of person to kick up a fuss although it made me really uncomfortable. I checked before I left to see if she was happy and she said she was but the day after I got those messages. I firstly said no refund but then she said she would make sure my business name would be all over social media saying I had burnt her scalp and ruined her hair. That stuff sticks in a small area as well.
If I had read your post earlier I may have just stuvk to my guns though.

Attachments

• IMG_20160903_202648.jpg
    IMG_20160903_202648.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 124
I really wish I had read this eauer in the week as I just refunded a client who threatened to slate me all over social media unless I refunded her for what she claimed was patchy and not dark enough at the roots and not silver enough on the ends. She said her scalp was irritated by the products (i had done a skin test with no issues) she claimed it was the styling products I used.
It really annoyed me to have to refund her as she and her partner had sat smoking cannabis whilst I did her hair. Im mobile and was halfway through sorting her hair out. I'm not the type of person to kick up a fuss although it made me really uncomfortable. I checked before I left to see if she was happy and she said she was but the day after I got those messages. I firstly said no refund but then she said she would make sure my business name would be all over social media saying I had burnt her scalp and ruined her hair. That stuff sticks in a small area as well.
If I had read your post earlier I may have just stuvk to my guns though.

Bloody social media , night mare, I get people being unhappy but I think they actually believe we try to do things wrong, I'm not saying you did but in general , it's like treading on eggshells perhaps we should all head to social media to slate clients

Bloody social media , night mare, I get people being unhappy but I think they actually believe we try to do things wrong, I'm not saying you did but in general , it's like treading on eggshells perhaps we should all head to social media to slate clients
It's like blackmail !!! It's bloody awful !!

I would of called her bluff......if you know you did a good job, your reputation as a good stylist surely would far out way any false claims that your not!? X

Latest posts

Back