Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
Im nearly 9 months pregnant and on maternity but im the only person that fits extensions in my salon so I came in to do a ladies fitting. It took me 3.5 hours to fit 180 strands of transforms double drawn mongolian remy. It looked lovely but after I finished the client said she didnt like it! I asked why and she said she didnt know, it just wasnt how she normaly has it and she was expecting it to look thicker for the price. (I charged her £250, she normaly buys the hair from ebay then gets a friend to fit it so normaly pays less. The hair cost me £207 so I only made £40 proffit) I offered to blend it more but she didnt want it cutting, she was quite nasty and left in a mood. Im now expecting a message or a bad review on my 5* facebook page.
I feel so crap, I realy took my time on the fitting and thought I did a good job, so did the salon owner (beautician so not trained in hair). Here is a pic, opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_160143_966.jpg
    IMG_20180131_160143_966.jpg
    783.5 KB · Views: 318
I feel realy upset (pregnancy hormones!) and my back is killing today from being stood up so long! Wish id never bothered!

Im nearly 9 months pregnant and on maternity but im the only person that fits extensions in my salon so I came in to do a ladies fitting. It took me 3.5 hours to fit 180 strands of transforms double drawn mongolian remy. It looked lovely but after I finished the client said she didnt like it! I asked why and she said she didnt know, it just wasnt how she normaly has it and she was expecting it to look thicker for the price. (I charged her £250, she normaly buys the hair from ebay then gets a friend to fit it so normaly pays less. The hair cost me £207 so I only made £40 proffit) I offered to blend it more but she didnt want it cutting, she was quite nasty and left in a mood. Im now expecting a message or a bad review on my 5* facebook page.
I feel so crap, I realy took my time on the fitting and thought I did a good job, so did the salon owner (beautician so not trained in hair). Here is a pic, opinions?

I think you did a great job! blends very naturally and the colors blend well

It looks great. You cannot always please everyone. Id say it was because she wanted it cheaper and complained as no real reason. Stand your ground and if you have a bad review left I would lost the picture to prove there is no problem.

Are you self employed? I think you need to wise up.
Your only mistake (so far) was charging too little for the service.

I could be way out but I can see a pattern emerging here...

Starting off by mentioning buying cheaply from eBay and getting a friend to fit it for peanuts, then complaining about the finish (which looks perfectly fine), I strongly suspect she has a plan to argue for a full refund.

If she does, tell her to take your to court because you’ve done nothing wrong.

Good luck with the pregnancy!

Last edited:
Are you self employed? I think you need to wise up.
Your only mistake (so far) was charging too little for the service.

I could be way out but I can see a pattern emerging here...

Starting off by mentioning buying cheaply from eBay and getting a friend to fit it for peanuts, then complaining about the finish (which looks perfectly fine), I strongly suspect she has a plan to argue for a full refund.

If she does, tell her to take your to court because you’ve done nothing wrong.

Good luck with the pregnancy!

Thank you! Yea im self employed, I rent a chair in a beauty salon. Yes I agree I am too soft and charge too low. There is so many extensionists in our small town and most charge about £50 a fitting so I was charging only £40 to get some clients! When I come back after baby I will review my prices, I love doing extensions and think I am quite good at them compared to some of the ones in my town.

Cheap prices attract cheap customers and the are the hardest work! review your prices, offer Russian hair maybe or something more luxury and charge more.

Cheap prices will attract these people. I get told I’m expensive all the time- good! I’m also busy with nice clients - don’t under sell yourself

Been said many times over.....
Some folk in this industry are in a race to the bottom.....:oops:
We are creating 'monster client's' who expect sooooo much for sooooo little...:eek:
I would rather someone NOT COME to me, because I am 'Too expensive', than to come to me, because I am cheap! :p

If a client says they are not happy but they cannot tell you what it is they're not happy with then they are playing games!

Love your work. She is clearly trying it on x

its absolutely lovely and you only have to put this picture on your review page to prove what you acheived. refuse to do her again. she will need you before you need her! forget all about her and enjoy your maternity leave. good luck.

It looks great! Try not to worry about it, rest in the knowledge u did a good job [emoji1360]

Thankfuly she hasnt complained! She must of went home and her friends/family told her it looked nice

I think it looks great blended well and is a nice thickness too. You definitely undercharge though good luck xx

I had a client a few months ago with ombre extensions whilst putting them in she loved them then messaged me to say she hated them . So we went through her options and decided she wanted them dyed one colour so we did that then a a week or so later msgd again to say dye was comming out. Then messahed me monday to say the hair wont hold the dye and that she had spent £20 on box dyes and the hair felt horrible and wouldnt straighten so she started to blame me then ........ she forgets to realise is that i use opalex in colours when dying extensions she hasnt . But made the point of the hair colour she used had no ammonia in it! So i quoted her how much it was to remove so she took to social media and asked for another extensionist.

I think they look great! Good luck with your pregnancy! My little one is 7 weeks now and I'm just starting my extension journey! Xx

Latest posts

Back