Unhappy with a course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Tommy

Reaction score
Hi hope I ve posted this is the right section, apologies if not.

I recently attended a training course that hasn't delivered the content that was advertised I have contacted them directly and after initially responding to my messages they are now ignoring me.

I'm looking for some advice on how I can get a refund and report them too?

Hi
That’s so annoying and absolutely not on.

It’s not quite the same but I recently booked onto a course for needle free fillers and then after hearing bad stuff on a Facebook group decided to pull out and after a right royal wrangle managed to get my deposit back which was over £700.
So I picked up various pieces of advice and one was that if you paid by credit card you can contact the credit card company and they can do a thing called “charge back”, they have a whole department for it as you can imagine and will take lots of details and, I’m told, refund you and then fight to get the money back from the company afterwards.
I think the Adverising Standards Authority might be interested in what you have to say if they are not coming up with the goods.
Let us know how you get on. I’m sure someone else will have more advice for you soon. Good luck with it x

As @blossom recommends, try your credit card company first, if possible.

You need to put your complaint formally in writing (not email!) giving them 7/14 days to respond, outlining why you believe they are in breach of contract. Refer to any advertising materials used and compare it to what was provided on the day.

If they don’t respond or their response is unsatisfactory, issue a claim via the County Court small claims procedure.

Hi hope I ve posted this is the right section, apologies if not.

I recently attended a training course that hasn't delivered the content that was advertised I have contacted them directly and after initially responding to my messages they are now ignoring me.

I'm looking for some advice on how I can get a refund and report them too?

I'm going through the exact same thing from training I did back in June. I contacted them numerous times and they either diverted my questions or ignored me.
So first I contacted Citizen Advice who told me what to do. First you have to send them a formal letter of complaint. You need to say exactly how they are in breach of contract and what you expect from them (Citizen Advice website have templates you can use). If you don't receive a reply, or a response that you are happy with, next step is contacting your bank. Once I sent the training company my complaint letter and they realised I wasn't going to leave it, they became very hostile towards me. Suddenly they got lawyers involved and the head of the company (who was extremely rude) took over correspondences. I must admit this was extremely unpleasant.

I contacted my bank for a chargeback in August (you only have a limited time to do this so be quick!). I had to provide all the evidence I had showing that I had tried to get a refund directly from the training company and I had to show them why I deserved my money back. They eventually gave me the refund, but unfortunately the training company has disputed it, and its STILL ongoing. Its caused me so much stress, and the company have lied and lied to try and get out of it, so I'm unsure if the money will be taken back off me.
If I don't get to keep the refund, the next step is small claims court. Only problem with this, is that if I lose then I have to pay all the fees, so I will be out of pocket even more.
Regardless of the outcome I will also be going to the company who accredit the course to complain and inform them that the course was a sham.
I really hope you get your refund, but to be honest, I've found the whole process extremely stressful. Best of luck!

Hi

It’s not quite the same but I recently booked onto a course for needle free fillers and then after hearing bad stuff on a Facebook group decided to pull out and after a right royal wrangle managed to get my deposit back which was over £700.
So I picked up various pieces of advice and one was that if you paid by credit card you can contact the credit card company and they can do a thing called “charge back”, they have a whole department for it as you can imagine and will take lots of details and, I’m told, refund you and then fight to get the money back from the company afterwards.
I think the Adverising Standards Authority might be interested in what you have to say if they are not coming up with the goods.
Let us know how you get on. I’m sure someone else will have more advice for you soon. Good luck with it x

Thanks for your reply luckily I did pay with credit card which I never normally do so I will try them and get on writing a letter xx

I'm going through the exact same thing from training I did back in June. I contacted them numerous times and they either diverted my questions or ignored me.
So first I contacted Citizen Advice who told me what to do. First you have to send them a formal letter of complaint. You need to say exactly how they are in breach of contract and what you expect from them (Citizen Advice website have templates you can use). If you don't receive a reply, or a response that you are happy with, next step is contacting your bank. Once I sent the training company my complaint letter and they realised I wasn't going to leave it, they became very hostile towards me. Suddenly they got lawyers involved and the head of the company (who was extremely rude) took over correspondences. I must admit this was extremely unpleasant.

I contacted my bank for a chargeback in August (you only have a limited time to do this so be quick!). I had to provide all the evidence I had showing that I had tried to get a refund directly from the training company and I had to show them why I deserved my money back. They eventually gave me the refund, but unfortunately the training company has disputed it, and its STILL ongoing. Its caused me so much stress, and the company have lied and lied to try and get out of it, so I'm unsure if the money will be taken back off me.
If I don't get to keep the refund, the next step is small claims court. Only problem with this, is that if I lose then I have to pay all the fees, so I will be out of pocket even more.
Regardless of the outcome I will also be going to the company who accredit the course to complain and inform them that the course was a sham.
I really hope you get your refund, but to be honest, I've found the whole process extremely stressful. Best of luck!

This sounds awful, If they would just reply to
My messages that would be half the battle hut the fact they are ignoring me now is making me want to take it further xx

Firstly, what content did they not deliver as promised?

Firstly, what content did they not deliver as promised?
It was a hyaluron pen course and the were supposed to show me
Various lip methods
Nasolabial folds
Smokers lines
And fat dissolving
However they showed me very basically how to use it on the lips

Thanks for your reply luckily I did pay with credit card which I never normally do so I will try them and get on writing a letter xx
Hi

Hi saw your post and wondered if you could tell me who you booked with as I am looking into training in hyaluron pen and don't want to book with the wrong people, I have beeb looking at Beauty Deluxe and Enhance Me.

Hi saw your post and wondered if you could tell me who you booked with as I am looking into training in hyaluron pen and don't want to book with the wrong people, I have beeb looking at Beauty Deluxe and Enhance Me.

I’ve sent a pm hun

Hi
I also want to do the training, however I would love to attend a classroom based training once restrictions ease. Can any one recommend a really good trainer x

Latest posts

Back