Unhappy with my work but happy customer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any threads to help. Im still training in my acrylic/gel course and have passed my manicure unit. I had a girl (friend of a friend) ask me to do her a French manicure. I'd not had much practise with the french manicure and wasn't very confident doin the smile line. She insisted I do the French as she wanted it for a new job, I told her as she was coming 4 days before her job start I said a polish may chip before then. So I did what she wanted but once finished I was really unhappy with what the finished nails looked like but she insisted she was happy with them. I know I'm only training but I don't want people to say they like what I've done and then give bad feed back to other people. Should I have asked of she wanted them re doing or just be happy with her vein happy with them? Thanks in advance to anyone who posts

Hun your training and are going to have many many many times your not happy with the end result as long as you tell people your in training they won't expect the world. I've " passed " and still have those times. It's all practise and learning where you went wrong so you don't do it next time. Don't be so hard on yourself EVERYONE has to start at the beginning you don't become a nail tech overnight. In a good few months you'll be looking back at your very first client pictures thinking wow look how far ive come. Just practise
Practise. And practise some more xxx

She was either, a). happy with the nails you did or b). not happy and didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Not much more you can do for her.

For yourself: why weren't YOU happy with them? What could have been better? It's best to keep practicing so the next time someone asks for a french mani, you will do a job you are happy with.

Thanks very much for ur replies, I think it's maybe the polish I am using that doesn't give a great finish and I will be changing that. Thanks.x

Thanks very much for ur replies, I think it's maybe the polish I am using that doesn't give a great finish and I will be changing that. Thanks.x

Try Essie's Marshmallow. I use it based on a geek's recommendation and I've never looked back. HTH and best of luck! :)

I started doing nails in 2005, I still don't like doing French manicures. I'm happy with the French pedicure, but the manicure makes my hands sweat. Especially if the lady has long nails.
At college I had to do this in order to qualify in manicures (again) but in my own salon I never ever do them. I offer Shelac and Gelish I love it, no time limit, no gloopy polish. I apply the white and if I'm not happy with the smile line I get a clean gel brush and sweep in behind the line, get it all looking perfect and then under the lamp they go.
My advice to you is, once you have your manicure qualification, call Sweet squared or Nail Harmony and do their Gel polish course under your belt. It takes the same amount of time to perform the service, no chipping or smudging, clients nails are stronger and the clients love it.
From the point of view of not being happy, well that can be a good thing, so long as it doesn't stop you from working on clients (because you think you are rubbish) all it means is that you keep trying to be better and better and that's what makes a great tech.
hth x

Latest posts

Back