Unhappy with shape of new short acrylics, any suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxcvb

Reaction score
I had a full set done (using tips) and I'm not convinced the shape is right for me. They look kind of wide or something and the fact that they seem kinda flat probably isn't helping so I'm not sure whether it's the shape or structure or both. Next weekend I'm going to a different salon for a fill but I'm wondering if there's a specific shape change you would suggest I request for a more flattering appearance. Maybe a short version of a subtle ballerina/coffin shape? Do I need to suck it up and do a set at a slightly longer length instead? While I trust the new nail tech I'd like to have a better sense of what I actually want than that they seem fat, haha. Apologies for my cuticles (including the cut from the first nail tech :(), eek. Thanks for any help!

BQzBKS6l.jpg

SlY7jwml.jpg

n6PzB2vl.jpg

I find that darker colours look better when they’re a longer length. I think for that sort of shape, you need to stick with either a French or a lighter colour.

I think the overlay is fine, I suspect they have get polish over them, this has been applied too thickly and is making them look 'bloated' - I rarely use gel polish over acrylic as this can happen and normal polish rarely chips anyway and is cheaper from a products perspective.

Yes, this is gel polish. Thank you!

I realise this is a few months old now but I've just seen it.
I'm wearing a colour much the same at present. My nails are shorter than these .
I think you need to say you would like them less flared.
I would say tapered square.
Even ask if they do pinching as this can help to taper them and would also give you a nicer c-curve.
I see this flared look quite a bit with new techs who are inexperienced with their shaping techniques.

Latest posts

Back