Unhappy with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have used wella for the past 10 years as my colour house but lately the customer service is rubbish! We have had a new rep come to the salon with no industry background and when questioned on various products and colours there response was ‘I’m not a hairdresser so I will have to ask around’
I love the wella colours but the support is lacking and there prices are rising!
Can anyone recommend a better colour house which is similar in quality? And message me the colour representative customer service. Thankyou x

Looking forward to hearing what other people have to say!

A lot of reps are only sales people , don’t they have a tech support team or at least a phone number for product advice ?
As wella are re vamping their range maybe they are not fully trained in the Updated information yet ?
I recently changed from wella to ID , it’s more cost effective for me ( being mobile) the shades are pretty similar and easy to get to grips with

I've had nothing but support customer service wise however not a fan of the line.

I was sick and tired of having a different rep every couple of months with wella so got rid of them altogether.

It doesn't matter what colour house you go with, the account managers are very rarely hairdressers so will lack in the more advanced technical knowledge.

But look at it the other way, it's better they say they don't know and they will find out rather than make something up and lie, at least you can trust they aren't going to give you inaccurate information.

I have used Scwarzkopf Professional and have done for years. They support me amazingly. One of my team was on their young art team, one is just back from the Philippines teaching under privileged kids how to cut hair and I am on a team called The Collective and we are digital ambassadors for the brand. The rep comes in once a month to show us the latest technologies and regular education from knowledgable educators. So if it is support you are after definitely worth having a conversation with them.

Hi everyone I have used wella for the past 10 years as my colour house but lately the customer service is rubbish! We have had a new rep come to the salon with no industry background and when questioned on various products and colours there response was ‘I’m not a hairdresser so I will have to ask around’
I love the wella colours but the support is lacking and there prices are rising!
Can anyone recommend a better colour house which is similar in quality? And message me the colour representative customer service. Thankyou x
Hallelujah! @jamiereid92 we're not the only ones!
As I mentioned in another thread, weve been in touch with Framesi thanks to Aston and Fincher and to be fair I'm impressed up to now, colours are true to swatch, they have the bold range which are vibrant and can be pastelised, have a grey range, rose gold range. They're always making new colours.
They own and run all of their own colour production houses which enables them to produce a new colour in days, rather than months like wella because the product is made at a third party company, in God knows where. We've had a one to one session with Alan Ward the brand ambassador for the UK, free of charge, and we're booked on to their next colour theory course next month, also free of charge. Definitely worth looking at. Not greatly cheaper than wella, but seem to be as reliable at the moment colour wise, if not more fashion forward. The only thing I will miss about wella if we change is the innovative technology they apply to anything they do.

I’m just sick of spending a small fortune on colours and products but trying to get in touch with a rep.. well I think it’s easier to get in touch with the dead. I leave texts, voicemails etc.
Just fed up of spending so much money on a company that doesn’t seem to value you as a customer.

Have you ever considered L’Oreal I’ve always found them very good to deal with.

Latest posts

Back