Uniform for a chunky wunky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeloo

Reaction score
Hi,

I opened my own salon last year and decided not to go with a traditional fitted tunic as I'm pretty chunky. I went with a longline top in my salon colours and wore it with leggings.

I'm now a tad smaller and think that I'd like to go for more of a fitted look. However, I am quite an hourglass shape with big boobs and heavy thighs. Does anyone know a particular brand that would be good for this? When I was at College, we had La Beeby - I had to get a mahoosive size for my boobs and it looked like a tent everywhere else. Ideally I'd like something that is fitted round the waist, but slightly longer (maybe asymmetric?) to cover more of my thighs. All the ones that I've seen online seem really short.

Am I asking for the impossible?

You might find it easier to get a top that fits your chest then a good dressmaker should easily be able to adjust the fit elsewhere to give a better look.

You might find it easier to get a top that fits your chest then a good dressmaker should easily be able to adjust the fit elsewhere to give a better look.
Thank you - I hadn't even thought of a dressmaker. I'm off to google local ones now! :)

I've always had size 22 tunic and trousers for work. Inline has been the best brand for me. If my everyday clothes were as elegantly fitted as my old work wear that would be awesome lol!

Diamond designs are nicely cut around the bust. I ordered one size bigger than I am in M&S
You can order from them direct in Ireland or ellisons now sell some of their designs

Have you tried La Beeby at all? They have a great selection of plus sizes.

This is what I do as I've the same bodyshape problems.
It gives my arms & shoulders more room, and still roomy at the hips. It makes my waist look trimmer too. (I alter the darts at the back, and down the side seams - it's easily done on a machine)
I buy from la Beeby. The tunics last for years.

I usually buy from salonwear direct. They go up to a 34.
The shaped ones are always better. The traditional style with a zip up the front always hang like a tent but the zip at the back and shaped are much better. Like this http://www.salonweardirect.co.uk/boutique-purple-tunic
They also do some with a sash that cinch you in at the waist. X

Why not go on the high street find a nice casual/formal dress that you LOVE from a good quality shop like Marks&Spensors, Zara etc
Yes it may cost £35-50 (Always buy 3 if you can as they will get over worn)
You will feel so much happier and more confident waking up every day putting on a dress knowing you looking and feel amazing!
(And for a extra splash of spice get your logo embroidered onto it ;) )

Latest posts

Back