Uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to ask what you all wear in your salons uniform wise? I wear black trousers and beauty peplum style top. A friend of mine gets to wear all black/smart clothes and she always is comfy and looks glam. Some of the beauty tops out there are rather dated somtimes, especially when the hair dressers in my salon get to wear what they like too. The upside i suppose is you can tell im a beuty therapist by my uniform and its saves on wondering what to wear every morning! Just with winter just around the corner i thought id look into some nice knitted cardigans and some boots. Ballet pumps and tuinc tops are almost more than i can bare on these cold mornings! X

I was just thinking I need something warmer!

I was thinking of getting a smart long black cardigan as I always wear black trousers. But for the feet I'm a bit miffed as I like to be quiet in my treatment room and slide along the floor when doing massage! Don't want to end up in the splits!!!

H x

Nice smart knitted cardigans are always great as they go with everything! You could also consider getting a blazer as they are so warm, look really smart/professional and surprisingly comfortable :)

I can never find a decent cardi that keeps its shape without spending a fortune. Any recommendations?

Also, are Blazers not restrictive with movement? X

Hey hun,

I wear all black clothes and definitely avoid beauty tunics as I think they are abit tacky and dates now. I try keep it quite glam and smart. Wear whatever you feel best In and what suits your salon best. Always black though! X

I prefer a uniform as I think it looks more professional and saves on the "what to wear today" pondering! There are so many uniform suppliers around with some great modern styles, I have dresses & tunics in my salon but feel more "at work" in a tunic but more glam in a dress! X

I love wearing tunics. I wouldn't think of anything worse than deciding what to wear on a morning.

I also love my tunics even more as I got them in la beeby sale for £5 each! [emoji119][emoji119]

Just an update- ive got myself a smart black junpsuit, with pockets, a black cardi and some suead flat ankle boots. I actually feel like i look more professional and smart than wearing the same old tunics. I definitly don't look like the fuddy duddy next to all the smartly dressed hair dressers now! I think it depends on salons tho, id happily go back to a beauty uniform if everyone else was in one. Now i look like i go better with everyone. I also got a black shirt to go with a black maxi skirt. X

Damn that's it then........and I got dressed this morning, putting on my smart black trousers and tunic, all I can think is I must be tacky and dated......and I didn't even realise [emoji20]

Damn that's it then........and I got dressed this morning, putting on my smart black trousers and tunic, all I can think is I must be tacky and dated......and I didn't even realise [emoji20]
Lol me too x

I really like having a uniform and it actually really bugs me when I go and have a snoop at my competitors and they're waxing my legs wearing jeans etc (most salons here don't seem to 'do' uniforms) I ditched the tunic when I moved over here (WAY too hot !!) and now have branded t-shirts and vest (black for salon and white for mobile) with leggings / linen trousers / shorts. It also reflects my business.... professional but relaxed and 'un-stuffy'. Tunics are great if you work in a high street salon or spa.... they do look super smart.... but for mobile or my home salon it works being a bit more casual & modern. Not to mention a lot cooler & more comfortable. :) x

Attachments

• P4110035.JPG
    P4110035.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 202
  • P7302463 (2).jpg
    P7302463 (2).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 136
  • P7302465 (2).jpg
    P7302465 (2).jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 133
  • P9202576 (2).jpg
    P9202576 (2).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 133
These are nice! Xxxx

Love these I was thinking of getting some t shirts made up can I ask where you purchased this from x

I bought some long black sleeve tops &! Zip hoodies from sainsburys years ago & had them embroidered with my logo their still going strong now!

Depending on the blazer you get, if you get a nice fitted one then it shouldn't restrict your movement at all x

Depending on the blazer you get, if you get a nice fitted one then it shouldn't restrict your movement at all x

Molly, can you recommend a shop? All the ones I've found are like 'coaty' Blazers if that makes sense. X

Try ebay, i've just typed in ladies blazer and you can get some that aren't that 'blazery' x

I really like having a uniform and it actually really bugs me when I go and have a snoop at my competitors and they're waxing my legs wearing jeans etc (most salons here don't seem to 'do' uniforms) I ditched the tunic when I moved over here (WAY too hot !!) and now have branded t-shirts and vest (black for salon and white for mobile) with leggings / linen trousers / shorts. It also reflects my business.... professional but relaxed and 'un-stuffy'. Tunics are great if you work in a high street salon or spa.... they do look super smart.... but for mobile or my home salon it works being a bit more casual & modern. Not to mention a lot cooler & more comfortable. :) x
I agree with you there, Cathi44, I found it way too hot in tunics when I worked in Spain too. Cotton tshirts, smart ones were best.

Thinking of doing tshirts again with logo on front and treatments or offers etc on back. Great advertising. I'm one for popping out to the shop quickly without a coat, walking advertising here I come!

We all have different coloured tunics but I have a smarter classic tunic in muted dark burgundy as opposed to the bright turquoise and pinks in more modern cuts the hairdressers wear and we all have matching black cardigans, but in the summer we normally just wear a black Tshirt because it gets far too hot x

Latest posts

Back