Uniforms hot stuff or naff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniform naff or hot stuff

• Yep a must for a professional look

Votes: 601 87.7%
  • Nope not for me

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Uniform is only for soldiers

Votes: 17 2.5%

• Total voters
How do competitors score the cool product clothes they wear. I've seen a gorgeous black fitted top with EzFlow logo & butterfly in silver and it was so cool. I also want an EzFlow apron but my distributor can't get either... does anyone know how to get this stuff or is it reserved for the gods :king: & goddesses :queen: that compete?? :

The Ez flow top sounds good Michelle.
When you find out how to get one plz plz plz let me know :rainbow:

Peppercorn Nails said:
Oh yes, what am I like..............I just lurve black........maybe more so since I gave birth to 2 little ladies (not at the same time, just in case you're wondering!).

Nothing wrong with giving birth to 2 little ladies at once - I did it - it got all that pushing and shoving over in one go :D

Hi i wear the same as Julie, white overall, 3/4 length black trousers and mules. I work with a friend when we do 'Beauty Parties' and we always wear the same, everybody says it looks very professional (mobile beautician).

Linda.x

I love wearing my uniform as soon as i put it on i turn into super nail tech!!!

No seriously it looks and makes me feel proffessional as well as being comfortable and practical.

Does anyone have any web sites for different styles of uniform?

Lou xxx :D

Hi all,

I wear black trousers (3/4 4 summer) and a white fitted t-shirt with our logo on and a hot pink apron with our logo....it's nice.

Katxxx

...we got CND logo'd uniforms for our 'A' Team (at Trade Shows) :!: We had such an enormous response from our customers who loved them (tunic style fitted top that drops just on hips and 3/4 length side zipped pants with tule at the bottom, very flattering to all shapes and all in white. We wanted our customers to be able to tell who worked the stand :rolleyes: etc). Anyway we specifically didn't get more to sell even though we knew we would be asked - the reason :?: As we had to have the logo on etc it cost X,Y,Z and we would have had to sell them at some silly price to cover our costs SO, we just told our customers it would be cheaper to go direct - which it was! :oops: ! We got everything from In-Line and this year, the 'A' Team will be dressed all in black! That will look very smart too!
Anyway - Sunday morning ramble and hope you are all have a lovely HOT :sunny: weekend!

I start college in Sept doing Beauty course, and we have to wear all white, any style as long as it's white.

So I've bought the white oriental jacket from florence roby and black 3/4 trousers and I love it as I've not worn a uniform before. When doing nails I've only worn a tabard.

I'm not at all bothered if anyone mistakes me for a nurse, as I always wanted to be one when I was growing up :D

What is professional....? What looks professional....?

Someone asked this question and it got me thinking......

Depends what profession we are talking about... I don't consider myself a nurse or a doctor so I don't dress like one ;)
I like toned down trendy stuff (but not over the top) maybe "stylish" would be a better word.
I like 501' jeans with a nice top..or anything I'm in mood for to be honest.
(I don't wear mini-skirts and tops that show my cleavage mind you LOL)

We are in a "look good" business, so I'm not trying to look too serious.
Nice "smart looking " suit is maybe OK for a business woman in an office, but not nessesarly comfortable when I'm doing a pedicure.

Some people get huffy and puffy about jeans..that they don't belong in a salon because it doesn't look "professional" but on the other hand (oh, will I ever get for this one :twisted: )...which other "profession" accepts tips?
Nurses? Business woman? Lawyers? Mechanics? (I bet they would be offended if you tipped them couple of bucks..)
So I don't accept tips (I think this one is unprofessional) and wear jeans to work :twisted:

I'm really not trying to offend anyone here..... just speaking my mind

Sawadee Ka

Apron for lady sell food or wash i tink have shirt nice everybody hair nice and look good for salon .

Kop khun ka

Mui

I wear black trousers and fitted black T with my business name (Enamel) across the front in silver embroidery. Florence Ruby mail order. All my clients are very complimentary and it makes them remmember the name!

This post could not have come at a better time i was just about to order a little black manderin number!

I think wearing a uniform of some discription looks quite proffesional.

Having ruined my white uniform and read your comments on black uniforms ive decided to order the creative apron it may not sound very fetching but the point is to look clean and tidy to your clients and with the advertising could look the part.

cristine. :)

I started out as a mobile earlier this year and didn't wear a uniform just my everyday clothes. Since getting my uniform though, I love it (black capri pants and lilac tunic) :D . It just makes me feel like going to work and the lilac colour is my theme (even use lilac towels etc). My sis bought me a little sparkly "Nails" brooch as a pressy (think she got it from Ebay) and it looks great on the uniform plus wearing it around town has been free advertising coz it got me a couple of new clients :D :D .

Shaza

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Thats how we did our Logo's on our T-shirt's. Dont you just love home grown PC Technology. Saves a mint on the T-shirt printing from a shop.
Love Ruth xx

How did you do your t shirts sounds a great idea i pay a fortune on embroidry for the salon.
:green:

:lol:
nail_star2003 said:
A tabard is just like an apron that can tie up really easily and take off just as quick. To be honest, I'm quite a smart person when it comes to dress sense (well I think so anyway!) so I sometimes just wear what I've already got on such as trousers and a casual top.
i wear white 3/4 and white or black top it looks smart. i like the sound of the nails london women..trendyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :cool:

Well since March when this post was opened, our uniform has changed.........
A change is a s good as a rest they say........

Now it's Mandarin tunics with black trousers.......... very flattering and stylish.....

But hey who knows, come summer it could be the all white combat look and t-shirt again..... I am a woman afterall and I can change my mind.....small print on the birth certificate...........

But what ever look you all decide on.....as long as it reflects what you are about, a great Nail Technician........"who takes care of how she appears in the public eye"...............

like I said before..........
A uniform doesn't make a great Technician, but it maks a great Technician look great..................

Tracy Mclean said:
How did you do your t shirts sounds a great idea i pay a fortune on embroidry for the salon.
:green:
i have Pm'd you.................
Enjoy

I work from home too and always wear a uniform. It consists of black bootcut trousers, white therapist top and black open toed mules.

I really want a nice new mandarin style top so I will be hunting around for 1 at British Beauty at the NEC next month. Anyone else going to that show?

Sharon

Hi everyone,

I wear a similar outfit to kitty, black three quarter length trousers with either a black or white three quarter length slash neck top with comfy flip-flops!

I like to have a professional appearance whilst being comfortable.

Jenn

Shaza said:
I started out as a mobile earlier this year and didn't wear a uniform just my everyday clothes. Since getting my uniform though, I love it (black capri pants and lilac tunic) :D . It just makes me feel like going to work and the lilac colour is my theme (even use lilac towels etc). My sis bought me a little sparkly "Nails" brooch as a pressy (think she got it from Ebay) and it looks great on the uniform plus wearing it around town has been free advertising coz it got me a couple of new clients :D :D .

Shaza
Hi Shaza, could you let me know where you got your lilac uniform from please, i personally don't like white. Never thought of black as i thought it would show up the dust more, but a different colour does interest me.

Thanks for help
:D

Latest posts

Back