Uniforms hot stuff or naff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniform naff or hot stuff

• Yep a must for a professional look

Votes: 601 87.7%
  • Nope not for me

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Uniform is only for soldiers

Votes: 17 2.5%

• Total voters
I work in a salon and we have baby pink mandarin style tunics with black trousers in winter, and white trousers in summer with whatever shoes look best :) i like it, its proffesional looking but the baby pink tunic gives off a friendly comfortable vibe :)

I once did a repair in my PJs!!!!!

I don't work on saturdays (bliss!) - a few weeks ago just after 9am one of my home clients knoked the door. She was in a panic, going to a big wedding & had broken a nail!!! I told her I'd do it but she would have to put up with my nightwear! She was so geateful I don't think she would have minded if I was in the buff!!! :lol:

I do mobile and have a salon at my home and I always like to wear a uniform...think it makes me look (I hope!) professional.

Thought about a new Topic. :idea:

The importance of your appearance at work. 8)
What do you all wear for work :?:

We work in a Salon so to us this is important. :!: :!: :!:

We wear white T-shirt's, white trousers , little white zipper hooded jackets, not beautician stuff but clean and crisp looking. :thumbsup:
We have our Logo on the Back of our little white Jackets, hey you never know who is watching your back.
I feel it gives over the message, I am a professional :huh: and I know my stuff :sunny:
Ok over to you all
love Ruth xxxx

That sounds cool...

But me in ALL WHITE... :eek:ahhhhhhhhh ad look HUGE!!!! :lol:

In our salon we used to have hot pink tunics with black trousers but they were so annoying as the pockets seemed to be sewn in the wrong way so we have now switched to pink t-shirts with little black waistcoats and our clients love it! They all think we look tres cool and chic!

However as I do nails in the evenings as well and come straight from my office job I'm normally in work wear ie shirt + trousers/shirt or even a wrap dress so I have to wear that. My clietns know I do 2 jobs and don't bat an eyelid as to what I wear so long as their nails still look good :lol: But at the weekends I wear the salon unifrom or a pink t-shirt that has the Grease " Beauty School Drop out" written across it hehe!

N xx

I love my uniform, i get so many comments on how smart it looks, i find that it gets me in the mood to work, i usually wear black fitted trousers, 3/4 when its warm enough, comfy black hush puppies and a black tunic although i've recently got some hot pink tunics and they look fab, really fitted, only downside is doing enhancements, all the dust on it!!!:green:

I know it's a bit off-topic, and I'm obviously not a therapist, but I was talking to Neil at Inline a week or two ago about workwear, and I was absolutely astounded at how technical the subject is!

It's not just about how good it looks (a really cheap tunic can look good - for a while) - there's a whole background consideration of ergonomics;, 'breathability', 'washability', how the thing lets you move, durability (of course) for long life - even the question of static in some cases!

Yes - the image is important, but talking to Inline I suddenly realised that there was a whole lot more to this than 'you've got the look'!

I'm curious (just because it fascinated me) - how many of you good geeks have ever had a BAD experience with a good looking, cheap tunic or trousers which either didn't last or was awkward to wear in daily use?!

I was thinking about penning a Vitality article, to be honest... any feedback would be greatly received (and credited).

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

I've just ordered my new uniforms, at the moment I'm wearing smart casual to work.

I work from home so I think the uniforms will give a very professional look and help me switch into 'work mode'.

I've ordered two mandarin style tunics one in black for beauty and a white for when I do nails. I'm having my logo embroidered in bright purple. Subtle but eye catching I hope.

hi, I wear black tunic/tabard and black trousers with black mules from clarks for spray tanning. i wear a white tunic/tabard with blue/black trousers and blue/black mules or blue nurses shoes for aromatherapy massage and for nails I wear black tunic for manicure/pedicure, nailart. and for gels etc I wear white as when you do file work with a black tunic it looks a mess.I think. I run my business from home so I could wear what I want really but its nice to look professional. when i go mobile to a certain unit I just wear a white smart top with my business name embroided on it. and an id badge.

I wear a uniform and I like it . It's a red and pink but I'm thinking to buy a violet. My clients like! I think that when you use uniform you seem a professional better, moreover you dont need to use your others clothes...no doubt is better!:green:

What about having your name or logo in Swarovski crystals we do a great line of t shirts or aprons with whatever you can think up...(within reason)! As a Salon owner and nail tech, hairdresser I cannot stand being restricted so a funky lycra T shirt or apron is the way for me. Plus they look so good I even wear them to sainsburys...: )
x

I wear a brown assymetrical tunic with chinese collar and brown trouseurs, a cute pair of brown slip ons.
I also have a nurses fob watch.

I think it looks very professional and sells the whole image thing.

the hairdressers downstairs just wear black, it looks funky, they wear what they want but its always cas/smart.

For those of you who asked... uniforms are not in the catalogue but are on stock! :!:

I know it's a bit off-topic, and I'm obviously not a therapist, but I was talking to Neil at Inline a week or two ago about workwear, and I was absolutely astounded at how technical the subject is!

It's not just about how good it looks (a really cheap tunic can look good - for a while) - there's a whole background consideration of ergonomics;, 'breathability', 'washability', how the thing lets you move, durability (of course) for long life - even the question of static in some cases!

Yes - the image is important, but talking to Inline I suddenly realised that there was a whole lot more to this than 'you've got the look'!

I'm curious (just because it fascinated me) - how many of you good geeks have ever had a BAD experience with a good looking, cheap tunic or trousers which either didn't last or was awkward to wear in daily use?!

I was thinking about penning a Vitality article, to be honest... any feedback would be greatly received (and credited).

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Hi,
I own a hairdressers and we wear the mandarin type of tunics, size range in the salon is from a size 8 right up to size 32 !!!
Our problem is they all seem to rip under the arms I thought it was a size issue at first cos I,m a big lady and I thought it was due to my size but the slimmer ones it happens to theirs too !
We love our uniforms cos they look smart and professional but maybe a t-shirt might be more hardwearing ?

Hi all
Ok how about uniforms for guys?
I am training with Creative at the moment and have looked for uniforms but the only things I have seen for men make you look like a dentist. Not my style really.
Anyone know different
Mike

Hi Mike,
Alexandra have a massive range of tunics, sweatshirts, t-shirts and shirts which might suit you. They do them in a huge range of colours too, so no need to feel too 'dentisty' :lol:
HTHs

Ive just bought my uniforms they arrived this morning, black tunic, long trousers and cropped trousers (because as stated by ooooh so many the white tunic makes me feel like a dental nurse)...(Plus Im not big on white bras).

It makes me feel more professional...and I never have to worry as to what Im wearing each day..

I prefer the uniformed look in a salon, I think it sends out the right image and is more proffesional. Don't know about mobile though as it's not something I have experienced and would wonder about the practicalaties of it.

I have never worn any uniform but would like to have one, what would you say is best for a male tech?

I have just got a uniform it puts me in work mode. I wear 3/4 black trousers and fitted black t shirt which i have had my name printed on. I'm really pleased with it, it's comfy and i don't ruin my own clothes any more.

I luv my uniform because after treatment my clients usually comment on their treatment and my uniform. :)

Latest posts

Back