Uniforms & shoes - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMC

Reaction score
If you wear a uniform, what kind of shoes do you wear with it?

We have a black wrap dress that falls to just over my knees.
What shoes do I wear with this? I find ballet flats (while most common) are just not comfortable to wear all day every day - I need more support than that. But also don't want them to look sporty or old fashioned.

The dress is quite feminine, so I think sneakers or skechers would look weird. I have a second uniform of chiffon fabric that floats past my knees but above ankles. I can wear this over the first dress or a slip, or with pants underneath.

Sketchers for me , as my feet have hallux limitus and I use orthotic insoles. I don't care about my trainers even if I choose to wear a skirt in the salon. My feet are very important and I will not choose form over function.
You can get black, white or natural " sketchers be light" that have a delicate over strap so they look more like a sandal . Or the ballet style sketchers look great.
good luck

I think it's difficult to recommend a particular style of shoe as we all have different preferences and requirements. I absolutely agree that it's important to be comfortable. But looks are important too.

In summer you might want to show painted toenails. Good for business if you do pedis. Whatever colour you wear it will become a popular choice with clients so wear the colours that don't seem to sell...

So I suggest that you go to a shop - Clarks maybe, and try on lots of pairs. Buy what feels comfortable with a decent sole, not too thin.

I have quite flat feet, so a ballet style shoe slops and gaps. I prefer a low heel to correct an inward roll to the sole of my foot.

I've been wearing "loafer" style shoes for a few years now and these look OK with trousers. I wear them with a skirt too.

I notice that the girls have started to buy similar looking shoes...

Marks & spencers footglove range for slightly wider feet. very comfy

Plain black skechers go walk are good or ballet shoes with a low heel.

Oh and birkenstocks in summer :)

If you wear a uniform, what kind of shoes do you wear with it?

We have a black wrap dress that falls to just over my knees.
What shoes do I wear with this? I find ballet flats (while most common) are just not comfortable to wear all day every day - I need more support than that. But also don't want them to look sporty or old fashioned.

The dress is quite feminine, so I think sneakers or skechers would look weird. I have a second uniform of chiffon fabric that floats past my knees but above ankles. I can wear this over the first dress or a slip, or with pants underneath.

I always wear sandals for toe flirting

Sketchers alllll the way. Comfort trumps everything and customers really dont care what shoes you have on!

Unless you are Pheobe from friends

Fit flop do some great flats with the fit flop sole. We tend to wear these x

Latest posts

Back