Union Jack Blue Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggysnails

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to layer Shellac to make the kind of blue you find on the union Jack flag, I can get the dark blue (blackpool and negligee), but wanted something more true to the UJ flag blue...or suggestions of other makes that are this colour...very gratefull as ever xx

Beautifull, thanks, however this client wants 2 nails red (hollywood), 2 nails blue?? and 1 white (cream puff) instead of the actual flag pattern, thanks though xx

Have you had a look at fingernailfixer's layering combos?

This months Scratch mag has some ideas for Jubilee designs and colours x

I made a gorgeous blue using blackpool x2 and one veeeery thin layer of purple purple. Absolutely gorgeous. Don't slather it on though or it just looks like purple purple normally :/

Xx

I made a gorgeous blue using blackpool x2 and one veeeery thin layer of purple purple. Absolutely gorgeous. Don't slather it on though or it just looks like purple purple normally :/

Xx

I was just about to suggest that :)

Have a look at the Shellac lovers group and you'll see some pics!

Thanks so much, yes just checked on Fingernail fixers fb page and she had done fedora and purple purple which makes a lighter blue, so will try, thanks again for all your help...anyone got suggestions from other makes?? xxx

Here is my attempt at the Union Jack using Shellac. I used royal blue glitter for the base, Cream Puff then Wildfire.

Quite pleased with it :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336657692.843151.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336657692.843151.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 655
I love that KCM, think they are going to be very popular over the next few months

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Here is my attempt at the Union Jack using Shellac. I used royal blue glitter for the base, Cream Puff then Wildfire.

That's fab!!! How do you get your lines so straight??! X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

wow loving this, how did you get it to look so perfect!!x

wow loving this, how did you get it to look so perfect!!x

Isn't it great!? I'm well jel!! :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Asphalt layerd with purple purple make a nice vivid blue...

Shellac Competition! MAY. | Facebook

Cove Beauty at Cater Cove | Facebook

Check out the links to my pages and hopefully its worked!!

Are these photos true to colour ? also did you do 1 or 2 coats of Asphalt before the coat of Purple Purple ?

I love blue nail colours on myself and have found it very frustrating not having many options with Shellac, so this has made me a very happy bunny.

You really should put a copy of the photos in the Shellac lovers group.

Sam xxx

I just used a nail art stripping brush and a steady hand!

Are these photos true to colour ? also did you do 1 or 2 coats of Asphalt before the coat of Purple Purple ?

I love blue nail colours on myself and have found it very frustrating not having many options with Shellac, so this has made me a very happy bunny.

You really should put a copy of the photos in the Shellac lovers group.

Sam xxx

Hi Sam

Yes I would say they are true to colour :)

I used two coats of Asphalt and one of Purple Purple.

Its a beautiful colour.

I havent posted any pics, still consider myself a newbie really! Maybe I shall post it :o

x

KCM,

did you do the white or the red first?? i remember doing these years ago but i know they werent as neat as yours!!well done xx

Thanks Souz. I did the blue glitter first scrubbed into a coat of cured negligee then did the White. I actually did two very thin coats of White to get good coverage. Then I did the red last followed by top coat.

:) x

Latest posts

Back