Unknown to me-she was an amateur hairdresser!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolabelle417

Reaction score
I have been coloring my hair myself for almost 20 years. I have mastered doing my own highlights, mixing colors, and getting pretty professional results. I finally decide to treat myself and have my hair done by a professional and it came out amazinggggg (See image 'Before') A lovely Mahogany red with caramel highlights.

Unfortunately when I was due for a touch up, the originally stylist was on maternity leave, so I went to someone else who is a friend of a friend.

She RUINED my hair. All I wanted was my roots touched up and she let every foil on my head bleed. (See images 'After1' and 'After2') I had PINK and ORANGE hair. NOTHING like what I walked in with and NONE of my roots were even touched. The next day, I hesitantly went back to let her fix the pink colors and actually color my roots like I had asked for originally. All she did was add MORE highlights throughout, still ignoring my roots and majorly overprocessing my hair

Then I'm left with (See images 'Correction#)

3 Weeks later My roots still look horrible (even worse now that my hair has grown and I have even MORE roots) and my hair is completely over processed and wwaayy too blonde/brassy for my skin tone. I've went out and bought purple shampoo to correct the brassiness, but it's beyond repair.

I'm standing in a wedding in a week. (the bride just so happens to be the girl who messed up my hair) And as bad as I'll feel when she sees that I've changed her dye job, every day it looks worse and worse and I just can't be in wedding photos with a skunk root trail on top of my head. I don't have time to get to a salon but I need to get rid of the roots and the 10 different shades of red, blonde, and pink in my hair. What can I buy from Sally's to help fix this? Even if I just try and put one solid color over all of it, I'll deal with it.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 443
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 433
  • After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 430
  • Correction1.jpg
    Correction1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Correction2.jpg
    Correction2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Correction3.jpg
    Correction3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 406
Sorry you have to go through this. Is there any way you can get in touch with the first colorist and actually tell her what happened? It's possible she can put you in touch with someone who can do a color correction.

I feel your pain and angst. But this board is for pro's only xx.

What you need is something called a color correction and you need to find a colorist that truly understands what you need corrected.

Omg, I feel for you, can't believe my eyes...

I agree with the lady above, I'd go back into the salon and explain all, surely any reputable salon/stylist would want to fix this. Hope you get it sorted out x

Sorry, but you can't correct this by just mixing and applying a tint. It needs several different products to correct each problem area. You're going to need to find a competent colourist who really knows what they're doing plus it probably won't be cheap.

Latest posts

Back