Unprofessional spawn of the devil tech!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLB

Reaction score
I understand there is always going to be brand rivalry within any industry, and nails are definitely no different im very protective and passionate about Nail Harmony whether it be Gelish or fusion acrylics because they work for me and I’ve been welcomed into the brand with open arms as a new tech, but I would never bad mouth a brand I have never tried and I would only ever comment on brands I have tried which aren’t many. I have a client who is my sisters friend, any who the women in my family went out for a meal back in November (I Gelish all the women in my family as they don’t like enhancements, my own mini Gelish army, I will take over the world, ok not the world maybe my city! Lol!!) anyway my sisters friend joined us and she had been regularly having Calgel at the same place she has her waxing done.

She noticed everyones nails on the table all 12 of us and was asking about it obviously all the family looked at me whilst I had a mouth full of pasta and wine down at the other end of the table and then SHE asked me if I could do her nails with Gelish as she had been having issues with her Calgel lifting, I said yes informed her I’d only just started doing nails and recently passed my manicure cert, she was asking about why her calgel lifted, to which I replied I had no experience with Calgel but noticed it is fairly thicker then Gelish as it’s a soak off gel and not a gel polish, but explain everyone’s nails are different and whilst a product can suit one person it may not suit another.

Anyway she loves Gelish after 2 months she had the odd issue in the beginning to which I put down to something I was doing but they are fine now, Anyway the Calgel tech who did her nails still does her waxing and the clients hid her hands every time shes gone in but the tech kept mentioning if she was booking in for her nails, I don’t know the full story of what the client said to avoid an appointment for her nails.

I did my clients nails last night and she told me she had gone for waxing with the other tech earlier this week and all hell had broken loose in the waxing room! again the tech has asked about nails and the client has told her the truth that shes now having Gelish on them. The tech went rather frosty and into a rant about Gelish and was rather rude to her saying Gelish is rubbish its not suitable for her nails as she has difficult nails to begin with and it will lift worse on her nails then what the Calgel did, this that and the other and that Calgel is a better product and that she has never had the need to try these silly gel polishes as they are a fad that will be out as quick yesterdays paper (yeah right!), and Calgel was pretty much the best thing on the market.

The client responded by saying aside from the fact that she can have Gelish done twice to the once for Calgel (my prices will be going up end of this month upon completion of my Gelish training) shes had less problems then what she did with the Calgel. The tech then grabbed her hand and began inspecting her nails and said that there was a number of chips on the free edge and they looked a mess and that if it was only due to price she would do her discounted calgel (my client had, had that particular application on for over 3 weeks) and that I hadn’t done a good job ( i note whilst i am new and still have a lot to learn i am no means incapable of polishing i pride my self on a good polish and have never had any complaints) she then began asking who does her nails now quiet aggressively and said she had every right to contact me and speak to me about poaching her clients, but my client refused to respond and informed her she had had them on for over three weeks and that she found me, and that now she would also be going else where for her waxing, I personally think my client should have been honest from the start but its easier said then done I suppose, but I think that played a part on how the situation ended as the client hadn’t been honest but I don’t agree with the way the other tech responded to the client in terms of rudeness shes meant to be a professional?.

This has really bugged me as I would never do that to any other tech in order to retain business I find it to be very unprofessional, and I cannot understand how a tech who has never used a product can comment on it, I know I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn as a newbie but this has really really bugged me, if any of my ladies ask about other products which I don’t provide, which they have i.e shellac and biosculpture and gellac I try and explain the difference but don’t comment on its ability or what its like as I do not know because I haven’t used it I wouldn’t shoot it down. I think its very back handed of people to do this fair enough were all passionate about our brands but to comment on something you’ve never used?

The old me would have gone straight in to the salon and given what for but i want to be professional at my job so im not going to, but im wondering if i should do something or leave it but then im thinking what good is it going to do me, id more then likely be wasting my time and it certainly isn’t worth my time if another tech is not being professional so theres no point id be just as bad as her then if I do that, Im sure others must have had this experience, what happened, and how did u deal with it?

You can't do anything about it as this is just hearsay and could have been embellished a bit by the client.

The client will make her own mind up about who to have her treatments with.

You have practically answered your own question hun.. just leave it. Who has gained custom? you have. Who has lost a client? she has. :0) xx

You can't do anything about it as this is just hearsay and could have been embellished a bit by the client.

The client will make her own mind up about who to have her treatments with.

I wont be doing anything about it anyway, Im professional and take my job seriously but its just frustrating. Just wanting to see if many others have had issues with other techs brand bashing or tech bashing.

def think the client did aggravate the situation in the first place, but not to warrant a response in that manner.

Hope ur well.

It's a very unprofessional person who acts like this woman did. I can maybe sympathise that she felt offended that her client has gone elsewhere for her nails but the conversation should have taken a turn to another subject. Now she has lost her client completely and I'm in no doubt that this story will be told to anyone who suggests the salon in which this therapist works, which will in turn hurt this girls livelihood.

I wont be doing anything about it anyway, Im professional and take my job seriously but its just frustrating. Just wanting to see if many others have had issues with other techs brand bashing or tech bashing.

def think the client did aggrevate the situation in the first place, bhut not to warrent a response in that manner.

Hope ur well.

brand bashing and tech bashing in inevitable hun, just depends on how professional people are xx

And breath.. What a clown, your lady obviously knows the tech is an idiot & that's why she was afraid to tell her she was going elsewhere.

As you say there is no need to slag other brands or techs as everyone likes different things, your lady prefers your product & clearly your attitude & skills, the other tech must be desperate for the business If she is barging in on waxing clients, which that particular salon has now lost.

As others have said on different threads let them get on with it she doesn't affect you as clearly your work is speaking for itself, she will get a bad reputation for the way she acts, if she doesn't already, & you will gain more of her unhappy clients.

Don't rise to any nonsense :hugs: xxx

well its always hard to think about a situation when you were not present in the room to hear it first hand. however it sounds like this tech has been unprofessional towards her client and i wouldnt blame the client for never going back to her. i agree with you that some systems suit one person better than others so really if she felt that calgel was better for her she should of said something more like: in my professional opinion calgel is better suited to your needs which you may notice for yourself after a few goes of the other brand. if you do want to come back to it then im always here but its good to hear how people get on with other brands.
however it sounds like the conversation got quite heated which isnt necissary. i cant understand this myself and would never speak to a client this way. in anycase you have done nothing wrong and have not poached a client. clients do not belong to us and are free to see different therapists at anytime.

It's a very unprofessional person who acts like this woman did. I can maybe sympathise that she felt offended that her client has gone elsewhere for her nails but the conversation should have taken a turn to another subject. Now she has lost her client completely and I'm in no doubt that this story will be told to anyone who suggests the salon in which this therapist works, which will in turn hurt this girls livelihood.

Definitely which is why every tech needs to think carefully how they handle/respond to situations as anything u do can reflect on u and ur job and there for provuide a negative impact on their business.

if she behaves that way she's doing you a favour ,they will run away from her stright in to your arms ,she rattled and properley intermated ,leave her too it
on wards and up wards x:D

LOL sharon, im just breathing into a paper bag now i've winded myself!!

Thanks for the responses everyone, i know everyones feeling the pinch atm and things are being more and m,ore competitive in order to obtain or retain business, but like a previous post above clients are free to go were they wish but i think techs do take it personally and i suppose if u get too emotionally involved reponses can get out of control?
x

it is my first encounter with an unfriendly tech, i was beginning to think they were a myth after all the lovely techs on here, but alas they do exist which im hoping means unicorns do too!! :D

LOL sharon, im just breathing into a paper bag now i've winded myself!!

Thanks for the responses everyone, i know everyones feeling the pinch atm and things are being more and m,ore competitive in order to obtain or retain business, but like a previous post above clients are free to go were they wish but i think techs do take it personally and i suppose if u get too emotionally involved reponses can get out of control?
x

I think as too as someone else said your lady probably should have said to her as it would be hurtful if a long standing client was still coming to the salon but avoided you personally,but she did herself no favours acting the way she did, best get stocked up on that gelish if she's the competition :wink:xx

Well done for keeping your head. I have had my fair share of slander from local techs one especially made my life hell even to the point of vandalising my car and getting her husband to threaten me!

It's a tough world out there but keep doing what you are doing and the results will speak for themselves. This lady did you a favour! Smile smugly and move on x Thick skin is essential in this job x

Last edited:
Sharon the tech was also qualified in waxing and she did the clients waxing aswell as the nails, i did tell the client she should have told the tech straight away she was trying something different.

Julie thats awful!!!! although i want to hear all about it next sunday!!! ill msg u back shortly my dear!!

Totally agree with the thick skin in this business.

xx

Sharon the tech was also qualified in waxing and she did the clients waxing aswell as the nails, i did tell the client she should have told the tech straight away she was trying something different.

Julie thats awful!!!! although i want to hear all about it next sunday!!! ill msg u back shortly my dear!!

Totally agree with the thick skin in this business.

xx

Lol she must have wore gloves or sat on her hands at the waxing appointments xx

Lol she must have wore gloves or sat on her hands at the waxing appointments xx

knowing my sisters friend she probably did, initially i thinkg she did it not to upset or cause offence but it back fired from the sounds of things

knowing my sisters friend she probably did, initially i thinkg she did it not to upset or cause offence but it back fired from the sounds of things

Folk are strange! The lady I used to go to doesn't speak to me at all now since I've started going nails, I did tell her I was going to train & she tried to put me off lol xx

it is my first encounter with an unfriendly tech, i was beginning to think they were a myth after all the lovely techs on here, but alas they do exist which im hoping means unicorns do too!! :D

Ohhh me too...love unicorns :Love:

Latest posts

Back