Unreasonable clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutesteph

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Last night after finishing up with clients I got on nthe highway to head to by boyfriends and I got hit from behind by someone. The hit was very hard and threw my body pretty hard.

When I woke up my neck was pretty sore but I thought Id be ok to work. I had 1pm, 5pm, 6:30 and 8. I was feeling really stiff and in pain when my 1 arrived. She immediatly knew I was not feeling well. Anyway got through that rebalance and decided to go lie down till the 5pm.

My neck was getting worse and my head started to pound, just all arounbd not feeling like myself.

I contacted my clients telling them what happened and apologizing and 2 of them were completly understanding telling me to rest and no worries at all but one of them was just unreasonable. She said shes coming, she needs them tonight etc etc.

Anyway she got into a big snit and I dont think Ill hear from her again. This happened to me about 3 months ago I got the flu and I wasnt taking clients and some of them got all diva on me and I just dont know what to say.

Very frustrating Im only one woman!! How can I handle these situations/clients???

Any advice please....

Posted via Mobile Device

Shame girl. Its hard to handle. Client sometimes get difficult if we cancel last minute but we need to think of ourselves as well sometimes. All advice I have is to appologise to the clients again as soon as you feel better and maybe offer them something extra to thank them for being understanding even if they werent. understanding even if they didnt.
Posted via Mobile Device

There's nothing you can do about clients like that. They think that you're there to serve them no matter what.

Honestly, do you even want to keep a client like that? You got injured in a car accident and she's whining about her nails? I would have given her an address to a nearby NSS and wished her a good day.

Honeycure is right - someone like that is not worth keeping as a client, and best get rid xxx

If they can be awkward to you about you feeling unwell, can you imagine how awful she would have been in you did her nails while unwell, didn't do a tip top job (you would never have heard the end of it) or passed on what ever you had to her and made her unwell? not worth the worry in my opinion.

Hope you are better soon.

Well i would do as passionista said and apologise again, offer them something for their understanding etc, we cannot afford to turn clients away or "fire" them as we are here to run our businesses, so turning clients away in not an option. Once you placate her she probably tell her friends etc and you will have more business. I hope you feel better soon hun.xx

Thanks geeks!

Good idea offering the little gift, Im thinking maybe some solar oil..

I will call her to apologize see if she wants to rebook but if she doesnt big loss because Im just thinking if my nail tech called me saying the same thing I would be TOTALLY understanding. Like you said honeycure, I was injured in a car accident and she whining about nails...pretty lame of her!!
Its funny I feel like shes the only one of my clients who would have reacted that way, Ive been blessed with some lovely ladies.

Im feeling better today, no dizzyness and headache but still a very sore neck.

I love the support on this site! Its so nice to vent and get advice from people who are in the same field and understand what its like!

Yay geeks lol:hug:

It's not your fault she left it to the day of when she needed them. You must always look after your self first, your body is you livelyhood. And by the way sounds like you need to go back to the doc.

I didnt go at all im just takeing advil, putting icy hot and doing neck rolls every hour

some clients you just cant keep happy hun and you know what you are best without them, I would call to apologise and see if there is anything you can do to keep her happy but if she is still giving out dont bother anymore with her!! She would be the very client that would call to cancel an apt on your busiest day and think that is ok!! Or would be finding little things wrong with her treatment and be complaining to others about you.
Dont waste your time or energy on customers like that.

You need to go to the doctor as said above we work with out bodies they are our livley hood, you may have injured you kneck, dont mean to preach, I just care about people....hope that they have caught the person who did this to you. As for the unreasonable clients, its rediculouse, come on we are all human these thing happen. At the end if the day they can wait for their nails or go somewhere else untill you get fixed up right to work again, I have had times when my clients have gone elswhere because I was fully booked and they wanted an appointment that day and I couldnt fit them in they always come back again. Just get your body better go doctors they will be able to give you something stronger for the pain and hopefully you will be better soon xxxxxxxx

I didnt go at all im just takeing advil, putting icy hot and doing neck rolls every hour

Honey, go and see the doctor, even if it doesn't feel too bad. I had whiplash from a minor bump in my car 20 years ago, and my neck still plays up to this day, because I didn't get it sorted out straight away. :hug:

Clients can be totally unreasonable. I had one have a good old go at me in the salon because I had dropped everything and raced to the hospice as my Dad was dying. The clients I was meant to be doing didnt even cross my mind.
She felt that I should have stopped to call her and explain personally rather than my staff doing it. COW.

dont worry yourself your only human i was off for a few days last week as not well at the mo and one client had a fit (there always one) she wasnt even was booked but wanted 'me earliest booking blah blah..' told her im off sick
your health is your main priority ... if your ill and you work and you do more damage you could make yourself alot worse which means you end up having to be off work for alot longer!!

.. you lose some..you win some:D

Sounds like youre better off without that one, however, it helps soooo much to have a fellow tech you can trust to take a few appointments for you here and there. if you have a friend that does nails (who you would trust with your clients) talk to her and see if she'd be willing to help you out once in awhile when her schedule allows it, and offer to do the same for her! it can be a godsend when you have little emergencies that can creep up in the middle of the day and you hate to have to cancel on your good clients! it can definitely help, but theres no way to keep everybody happy so dont beat yourself up over it

I'm NOT saying she isn't a bit unreasonable, BUT please consider this: if a client calls you in the last minute to say she was sick/hurt/bla.bla.bla aren't we always a little suspicious that something better came up??? We have lots of threads on here regarding clients trying to pull a fast one etc. Maybe she has had a bad experience and when app was cancelled and didn't know if this was just because you needed a day off???

It goes both ways, and for many clients it IS a hassle to fit around our hours and the nails really mean a lot to them. We expect them to give us notice, so we should at least make some sort of compensation (sometimes just a scrub with eg. almond scrub and a quick massage is enough)

I don't think she worded herself very well, but if your nails are in a bad state and you are going to some party/meeting/wedding you would be a bit "mad" too I bet, and then your word can come out the wrong way.

I would call her again, explain that you are terrible sorry, that you know it was an inconvenience to her, fit her in as soon as possible and a little compensation. I would never sack a client like that, with a little effort she could end up the most loyal of the bunch :D

Latest posts

Back