Unsolicited advice to clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJZ

Reaction score
Dear unorganized clients,

It is not my fault that you waited until 9:30pm the day before you need the appointment to call/text/e-mail/message me about said appointment and I cannot accomodate you. You knew your family member's wedding/graduation/special event was coming for quite some time now and have waited until the last minute to try and get an appointment. Again this is not my fault. I am a mobile tech which means it's JUST ME doing treatments and I have a family as well. I cannot work 24hrs because you can't seem to get yourself together and need to be squeezed in. In future take the time to look at your calendar and book any appointments you need with adequate time to do so.

Sincerely,

Ticked off nail tech

Heh hee ! In my dreams I have a big poster with this on in my shop !!! Having a bad day ?

dear unorganized clients,

it is not my fault that you waited until 9:30pm the day before you need the appointment to call/text/e-mail/message me about said appointment and i cannot accomodate you. You knew your family member's wedding/graduation/special event was coming for quite some time now and have waited until the last minute to try and get an appointment. Again this is not my fault. I am a mobile tech which means it's just me doing treatments and i have a family as well. I cannot work 24hrs because you can't seem to get yourself together and need to be squeezed in. In future take the time to look at your calendar and book any appointments you need with adequate time to do so.

Sincerely,

ticked off nail tech

well said!!!!!!

Reminds me of this saying: your lack of planning shouldn't become my emergency!

I had 3 clients do this to me last night. I could only get 1 in before the weekend. the other 2 were not happy with me because it is apparently my fault they waited so long to make an appointment. just going to be a lovely way to end my week

I had someone call once (first time client) and when I answered the phone, she immediately says, 'I want my nails done today'. No, 'Hi, I'm so and so and I got your name from so and so. No, 'I was wondering if you had any openings today'.

In my head I'm thinking...yeah, I want my nails done today, too. Some people... :grr:

I just don't understand why they feel like we're supposed to treat them like the most important person in the world and bend over backwards to do things EXACTLY how they feel they want/need/deserve. Just frustrated to get some many of these demands this week. I'm happy to be busy but could do without all the attitudes :)

There's always someone isn't there i agree completely I have no idea why they feel the need to be so rude.
I know that its not always possible to be choosy when your self employed, but I do nails as its something I enjoy, so I've started as I mean to go on, If someone comes to me with an attitude, I don't take them on as a client. I also keep one night a week free, for family time, every Tuesday is scored out in my diary :) xx

I sit by my phone 24hours a day waiting for my clients calls, i have nothing better to do, im at their beck and call, are you all not? :wink2:

I sit by my phone 24hours a day waiting for my clients calls, i have nothing better to do, im at their beck and call, are you all not? :wink2:

Yes, I live to serve... :wink2:

ha ha ha!

I bet some clients think we should/do! lol

oh god, its so anoying when this happens

Girl! Last Saturday by 3:00 pm, I had NO ONE on my book for Sunday and the other two techs only had one appointment each on their books, so....I took Sunday off.

I got a call Sunday afternoon at 2:30 pm from the salon. One of my clients wanted a pedicure and wanted me to do it...at 3:00 PM...that afternoon.

"Sure (Tammie said sarcastically), let me just guzzle down this mango mojito, shake the beach sand out of the crack of a** and head straight over. Nah...I'm not coming. She can book with someone else."

"Sure (Tammie said sarcastically), let me just guzzle down this mango mojito, shake the beach sand out of the crack of a** and head straight over. Nah...I'm not coming. She can book with someone else."

bwahahahaha! love it!

Oh this happened to me last night! A client called at 7pm, left a message that she wanted a pedi Mani for today. I call her back this morning when I get into the salon (9am). She says "oh you didn't get back to me so I'm having them done right now as we speak"

Excuse me for having a life and not being near my phone all the time for you!! Grr

i have a client who was always late, she'd arrive in 20 minutes late all the time. she's swan in oblivious to the time. she's lovley but a disasterous time keeper so we took to telling her her appt was 20 mins later than it actually was.
that worked great for a while but then she was an hour late for a 1.5 hour appointment!!!
i said ' you know you're appointment was 1pm?'
'no, i thought it was 2pm' she answered.
i said ' you are a disaster with time'.
i'm not, she said, 'sure i'm always here on time'.
'no missus, we deliberatley put your appointments on 20 minutes because you are always late'
'oh'.

i redid the shellac on her hands but she had to come back for her toes to be done. i would normally try to juggle a bit to get everyone sorted but i had it with her that time.

well that cured her.
she's on time now...on the button.i opened up this morning at 9.30 and she was in the door behind me saying'i'm here, i'm here and i'm on time haha'
she is a sweetie though so i'm glad to have her.

Latest posts

Back