Unsticking stickies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylipgloss

Reaction score
I was really happy earlier today as i was lashing my final case study. The previous case studies had gone well and they went away pleased. A couple lashes on one of them got stuck to the bottom lashes but unstuck these quite easily with tweezers. However today i really panicked because the lid on the inner corner of one eye was firmly stuck!! I put a small amount of remover on a micro brush and gently rubbed the skin but it didn't want to budge and my friend said her eye really began to sting as the remover was seeping into her eye. She also panicked and kept on tugging but it did want to unstick. I had to use more remover (more stinging) and eventually managed to open it up. It looked red and sore. It was only a tiny area but it realy was stuck fast and at one point i thought a trip to a&e may be needed!!

I did ask her to open her eyes now and again to check for stickies and everything was fine- until right at the very end.

The company i trained with have a very good reputation but we were not shown what to do in this situation! What would you have done??

Lucklily it was a friend and not a paying client but this has knocked my confidence for six.

I was really happy earlier today as i was lashing my final case study. The previous case studies had gone well and they went away pleased. A couple lashes on one of them got stuck to the bottom lashes but unstuck these quite easily with tweezers. However today i really panicked because the lid on the inner corner of one eye was firmly stuck!! I put a small amount of remover on a micro brush and gently rubbed the skin but it didn't want to budge and my friend said her eye really began to sting as the remover was seeping into her eye. She also panicked and kept on tugging but it did want to unstick. I had to use more remover (more stinging) and eventually managed to open it up. It looked red and sore. It was only a tiny area but it realy was stuck fast and at one point i thought a trip to a&e may be needed!!

I did ask her to open her eyes now and again to check for stickies and everything was fine- until right at the very end.

The company i trained with have a very good reputation but we were not shown what to do in this situation! What would you have done??

Lucklily it was a friend and not a paying client but this has knocked my confidence for six.

Hiya, the main thing I would say is definately stay calm :lol: Act proffessional and the client wont panic - they cant see you so they dont know whats going on. In my opinion you did exactly the right thing when you got the remover out, the only thing I would say is that you need to dab the excess remover off so that is doesnt seep into the eye, the remover needs to be damp but not soggy :lol:. Also if I have that situation I just wipe over the bottom lash area afterwards, very carefully with one of my primer pads and this just removes any excess remover and cools the eye. Make sure you dont touch your new lashes though.

Be aware that if and when you use a fast setting glue you cannot get your client to open their eyes during the procedure so I get the client to keep their eyes closed throughout the application and just check by running your tweezer gently between the lashes and the pads.

Check out some different gel pads as the ones with the shinier (wow my words are amazing this morning) are less likely to have the glue sticking to them, also, really really important, make sure you get all those little lower lashes out the way, that may mean that you need to detack some tape and pop that on the lower lashes in 2 sections in a V shape then put the pad on top of that, make sure you detack the tape alot first though.

Like they say about falling off a bike, get back on as soon as you can. You are only on your case studies and you cant expect to be perfect straight away, it sounds like you are doing a fabulous job, but stay calm and dont panic :lol:.

Sorry for the ramble, up early with a stinking cold and children who have had nightmares (they are still asleep I am not!!) Anyway too much time on my hands this early in the morning. Take care and keep confident even if you dont feel it :hug::hug::hug:

Hiya, the main thing I would say is definately stay calm :lol: Act proffessional and the client wont panic - they cant see you so they dont know whats going on. In my opinion you did exactly the right thing when you got the remover out, the only thing I would say is that you need to dab the excess remover off so that is doesnt seep into the eye, the remover needs to be damp but not soggy :lol:. Also if I have that situation I just wipe over the bottom lash area afterwards, very carefully with one of my primer pads and this just removes any excess remover and cools the eye. Make sure you dont touch your new lashes though.

Be aware that if and when you use a fast setting glue you cannot get your client to open their eyes during the procedure so I get the client to keep their eyes closed throughout the application and just check by running your tweezer gently between the lashes and the pads.

Check out some different gel pads as the ones with the shinier (wow my words are amazing this morning) are less likely to have the glue sticking to them, also, really really important, make sure you get all those little lower lashes out the way, that may mean that you need to detack some tape and pop that on the lower lashes in 2 sections in a V shape then put the pad on top of that, make sure you detack the tape alot first though.

Like they say about falling off a bike, get back on as soon as you can. You are only on your case studies and you cant expect to be perfect straight away, it sounds like you are doing a fabulous job, but stay calm and dont panic :lol:.

Sorry for the ramble, up early with a stinking cold and children who have had nightmares (they are still asleep I am not!!) Anyway too much time on my hands this early in the morning. Take care and keep confident even if you dont feel it :hug::hug::hug:

All great advice. The only thing I would add is don't pick up too much adhesive on the extension. It sounds like excess adhesive might have run down to the lash line. I agree get back on it. :hug:

And after every few lashes check underneath to make sure nothing is sticking! That way if it is you can fix it then instead of an hour later when the glue is all dry!
After I have primed the lashes I use the mascara brush to gently lift the lashes off the pad, that seemed to help me!

All great advice here however I would suggest that it may also help to lift the lid so that the lashes are not resting on tape/gelpad/whatever during application.

Hope that helps.

Francesca

Trainer and Master Technician in Individual Eyelash Extensions
LASH by Francesca

Thanks for all of your replies. Everyone is so nice on this forum! :) Am doing another practice session this week so will take all of your advice on board!

Latest posts

Back