Unsure on colour choice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalonOwl

Reaction score
I posted on here a few weeks ago about ombre hair and although i feel more comfortable with the techniques to use i am really unsure what colours would be best.
My hair is naturally around a base 5 but has a lot of red tones to it, whenever i've used a dye in the past with even a hint of red it has gone very ginger! I want it the ends to look really natural and not look too drastic or peroxide blonde!
So can i just use high lift tint or will that make me ginger, will i have to use bleach?
Any help would be fantastic, thanks :)
P.s- we use Wella colours at college so thats all i know really!

Last edited:
Do you have colour on the ends of your hair at the moment? I so yes you will need to use bleach or at least a cleanse?

I posted on here a few weeks ago about ombre hair and although i feel more comfortable with the techniques to use i am really unsure what colours would be best.
My hair is naturally around a base 5 but has a lot of red tones to it, whenever i've used a dye in the past with even a hint of red it has gone very ginger! I want it the ends to look really natural and not look too drastic or peroxide blonde!
So can i just use high lift tint or will that make me ginger, will i have to use bleach?
Any help would be fantastic, thanks :)
P.s- we use Wella colours at college so thats all i know really!

Bleach and tone :)

Latest posts

Back