Unusual massage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubywoo

Reaction score
There is a new spa opening near to mine which is advertising "fingertip feather massage." I have been in the industry for 20 years and never once encountered such a treatment and am afraid all I can think is that it's all a little mucky. Has anyone ever heard of this (outside of the mucky massage brigade)? Also would you report this to the local borough licensing team? part of me feels cross that somewhere is masquerading as a professional establishment and bringing the industry into disrepute, or am I simply being a grumpy old lady?

I'm also a little miffed, as the salon name is very close to mine, I don't want to end up with any special requests! :eek:

Last edited:
How mucky can it be if they are openly advertising it?

Why don't you just give them a call on the pretence of booking in and ask?

The local massage parlour has a website with all the ladies exotically presented in their nightwear, so I don't think open advertising has much to do with it. I think I just experienced some mild professional indignance at the situation, I shall get back in my box.

Maybe I'll send the other half in to test it out, it'll cheer him up no end!

The local massage parlour has a website with all the ladies exotically presented in their nightwear, so I don't think open advertising has much to do with it. I think I just experienced some mild professional indignance at the situation, I shall get back in my box.

Maybe I'll send the other half in to test it out, it'll cheer him up no end!

Maybe it's just a really light massage?

To be honest id really like that! Im not sure how much benifit it would be physically, although im sure I would find it relaxing.

Me and my partner were discussing this and I said I love to add a "10 minute tickle time" to the end of my treatments, as when my friends have a massage they always ask for me to just really lightly 'tickle' (but not in a ticklish way). But I wouldnt know how to advertise this without it sounding a bit wierd!

I hope all this is making sense, and not sounding like, me, my partner and friends have a wierd tickling fetish as im sure we dont! lol

I wouldnt know how to advertise this without it sounding a bit wierd!

I hope all this is making sense, and not sounding like, me, my partner and friends have a wierd tickling fetish as im sure we dont! lol

Hahahahaa! You did make me laugh with this comment xxx

Is it an establishment aimed towards men.Why don't you ring and enquire.
I love being tickled on my back I'd pay for it lol.

Is it an establishment aimed towards men.Why don't you ring and enquire.
I love being tickled on my back I'd pay for it lol.

I'd pay for someone to give my back a really good scratch and to pinch my skin like they are wheezing boils!! In a NON SEXUAL way lol

That sounds absolute heaven to me!!

I absolutely love feathering in a massage, it is the most relaxing part of the treatment ... And a guaranteed way to send me off to sleep.

A therapist I used to see did a "tickle time" at the end of her massage, although she didn't call it that, but it was really really really nice. Especially as she gave a nice deeeeep massage the rest of the time. Only downside was that I really knew my time was nearly up, lolol

I know that when I went on a hypnotherapy course during pregnancy, it was advised that massage for mothers in labour, should be finger tip light, as this helps the body release endorphins

????

There's a 'salon' near me that is the first one to come up if you put 'massage' plus the towns name into Google. On the website, the women are scantily clad in thongs with their boobs hanging out - I don't think there is much doubt about the sort of massage they offer. If your establishment is advertising in a totally non sexual way, they wouldn't be offering anything dodgy. Let's face it, if you are offering a dodgy massage, you don't want somebody coming expecting a 'proper' aromatherapy, you want someone expecting 'extras', and if you are offering genuine massage, you don't want someone coming expecting a rub in the wrong place!!! Why don't you just phone them and ask them? It might be the next big thing!!!

Well I guess you do learn something new everyday! I had no idea that this was a treatment or service and had never encountered anyone who did this in 20 years of spa management! - and if anyone had done this to me during a trade test they would certainly not have got the job!

I guess I'm still just perplexed as it doesn't seem to be a recognised massage, I can't find any courses that accredit it either (not that you need qualifications to tickle someone!). I guess I'm just suprised as the only other businesses I can find doing this are "massage parlours."

Thank you all for your feedback it's been rather illuminating :biggrin:

As an aside, would you send your husband for a fingertip feather massage?

Last edited:
It appears BABTAC have never heard of this "treatment" either, but I have given them a good laugh!

When I did my Swedish massage course it wasn't a separate treatment or anything it was just part of the routine that we used a featherstroke touch up the spine towards the end of the back massage, probably why you cant find it as a separate treatment, my clients love that part of the massage they think it feels like hot oil being drizzled up their spine ( ha their words not mine)

As an aside, would you send your husband for a fingertip feather massage?

I'd send mine for a happy ending if it meant he stopped pestering me ;-)

You wait someone will read this now and write a course :biggrin:
Wonder what you could call it without it sounding dodgy or silly.

YouTube

This women has some Other interesting ones.Paint brush massage and honey sticky hands massage.
Sounds good to me.

Last edited:
I'd send mine for a happy ending if it meant he stopped pestering me ;-)

Funny you should mention that! I thought I would send mine along so I can have a rest!!!!

I do understand lighter strokes being used in a massage routine, but a full hour of this would break any man! but it's OK as she states that you get a hot cloth at the end!!!!!!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back