Unwanted grey tones

Hi all, so I've never had this problem before and then suddenly in the last month I've had it 4 times! I go about my usual balayage or highlights, using goldwell oxycur bleach, and then tone with typically 10v+8sb like I usually do for hair that is too warm. It has always been my go to for unwanted orange tones. Recently I am noticing that any ashy based toner I'm using from goldwell is starting to take far too much around the hairline, and I've had 4 occasions where it is very obviously grey or silver around the face, but hasn't taken as much in other areas. Help :( I don't think I can take another "why is that bit grey" blow dry!!

ronray

Hi all, so I've never had this problem before and then suddenly in the last month I've had it 4 times! I go about my usual balayage or highlights, using goldwell oxycur bleach, and then tone with typically 10v+8sb like I usually do for hair that is too warm. It has always been my go to for unwanted orange tones. Recently I am noticing that any ashy based toner I'm using from goldwell is starting to take far too much around the hairline, and I've had 4 occasions where it is very obviously grey or silver around the face, but hasn't taken as much in other areas. Help :( I don't think I can take another "why is that bit grey" blow dry!!
Have you tried adding clear or a 10/0 to the formula? My other suggestion is apply it to everywhere else first then leave the hairline until the last 2-3 minutes.

Have you tried adding clear or a 10/0 to the formula? My other suggestion is apply it to everywhere else first then leave the hairline until the last 2-3 minutes.
I haven't used a clear before, no. Good suggestion on leaving the hairline until the last few minutes, I'll be watching it like a hawk!

ronray

I haven't used a clear before, no. Good suggestion on leaving the hairline until the last few minutes, I'll be watching it like a hawk!
Not sure if this is a recommended way, but you could also add conditioner to the hairline before applying the toner.