Unwanted grey tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie.mxo

Reaction score
Hi all, so I've never had this problem before and then suddenly in the last month I've had it 4 times! I go about my usual balayage or highlights, using goldwell oxycur bleach, and then tone with typically 10v+8sb like I usually do for hair that is too warm. It has always been my go to for unwanted orange tones. Recently I am noticing that any ashy based toner I'm using from goldwell is starting to take far too much around the hairline, and I've had 4 occasions where it is very obviously grey or silver around the face, but hasn't taken as much in other areas. Help :( I don't think I can take another "why is that bit grey" blow dry!!

Hi all, so I've never had this problem before and then suddenly in the last month I've had it 4 times! I go about my usual balayage or highlights, using goldwell oxycur bleach, and then tone with typically 10v+8sb like I usually do for hair that is too warm. It has always been my go to for unwanted orange tones. Recently I am noticing that any ashy based toner I'm using from goldwell is starting to take far too much around the hairline, and I've had 4 occasions where it is very obviously grey or silver around the face, but hasn't taken as much in other areas. Help :( I don't think I can take another "why is that bit grey" blow dry!!
Have you tried adding clear or a 10/0 to the formula? My other suggestion is apply it to everywhere else first then leave the hairline until the last 2-3 minutes.

Have you tried adding clear or a 10/0 to the formula? My other suggestion is apply it to everywhere else first then leave the hairline until the last 2-3 minutes.
I haven't used a clear before, no. Good suggestion on leaving the hairline until the last few minutes, I'll be watching it like a hawk!

I haven't used a clear before, no. Good suggestion on leaving the hairline until the last few minutes, I'll be watching it like a hawk!
Not sure if this is a recommended way, but you could also add conditioner to the hairline before applying the toner.

Latest posts

Back