Unxplained rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine D

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client who I have been waxing for a couple of years now (previous to coming to me, she had been waxed for a several years).

After her last half leg wax she experienced a very odd rash appear mainly around the front of her legs. They appeared about 48 hours after waxing. I am not sure if they were itchy or painful but they lasted about a week.

I have not changed any of the products that I use on her. I pre and after wax and use a sealed roller system (warm wax).

The lady does have very slight eczema on her face.

She said whilst doing the waxing nothing I did felt any different.

She assures me she has not done anything different this time to any other time that I have waxed her i.e. sat in the sun, swam, put anything perfumed on her legs. And has not changed her washing detergent.

I have not seen this type of rash before and am mystified by it.

Could she have suddenly become allergic to any of the products I use or could it be that something has come into contact with her legs after waxing hence why it took 48 hours to appear or could it be something not linked to waxing and just a coincidence it came up just after I waxed???

I need to reassure myself (and her) that I have done nothing wrong and that hopefully it is not linked with my waxing.

I will try to attach a photo.

Thanks for your advice.

IMG-20190823-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Does she have a pet? I read on the forum here once that a client got a rash after her cat rubbed against her freshly waxed legs x

Mumma
Does she have a pet? I read on the forum here once that a client got a rash after her cat rubbed against her freshly waxed legs x

I have checked with the lady and she has not been in contact with any pets.

Thanks for your help.

I remember a lady getting it exactly the same on eyebrows and lip, seems to be some sort of mild allergy according to her as she wanted to try a different wax and see if it didn’t happen but still does. Of course it could be that they went to the gym or swimming, sweated a lot or touched it with germs on hands.

But then 48hrs for it to appear, more likely to be bugs or mites in her house than something you’ve done.

Looks like bites to me.

Thank you for replying. But do you think there could be so many.....and on both legs??

Has your client visited her GP? Perhaps she should in the first instance.

Has your client visited her GP? Perhaps she should in the first instance.

No she didnt. They have gone now. Think she has a couple of red marks left. She wasn't going to tell me about it, her mum (who is also a client) told me about them. And this was a couple of weeks after they came up. I asked to see a picture so I could ask for all your help.

Sadly, I think she was just not going to use me anymore. Which is s shame as she has been a regular for a good couple of years now.

I wanted to find an explanation, not only for her but for me too. Because if it is something that I have done (although I have never had this happen to a client before) then obviously I want to prevent it happening again to her or any of my other clients.

Latest posts

Back