*Update* On My Mom, Son And Life In General!! (Long one)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Last time I posted, I was telling you guys about my mom, well Friday she was transferred to the Nursing Home and not even an hour later was rushed back through to the ER. Her blood sugar was fine when she was discharged from the hospital and by the time she had gotten to the nursing home her sugar was 49, they tried to give her something to boost her blood sugar by mouth, which was hard because she was once again non-responsive. They checked her sugar again and it had dropped to 44 and they called me and told me that they were about to send her to Emergency. She spent the night in the emergency room and the ER doctor called me about 1:am telling me that they found that she had an UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Now, the first time I took her to the ER I told them that she was having problems peeing, they didn't seem to be concerned.

Friday morining she was taken to room and I received a call from the resident doctor telling me that they had to stop giving her fluids because she was getting fluid back up, which means that her kidneys are not functioning. Her doctor asked me if this was a new condition, and that if it was a new condition it would be treated differently than if it was and exsisting condition, which I was not 100% sure if it was new or exsisting, but I did remember her saying some months ago that she had protein in her urine.

I went to my mom's Primary doctor and got some copies of lab results which were abnormal regarding her kidneys...the nurse told me that one of the levels in the test was highly elevated. Now my mom was supossed to go for a followup back in Aug regarding the lab results, but she was a "no show" which no one knew, my mom is good for canceling appointments without any of us knowing. :irked:

I took the copies of the results to the hospital and waited for the doctor I had spoken to, so that I could place them in HER hand...I felt that this situation to serious to take a chance on an overworked RN losing something.

I visited with my mom and I noticed that her extremities are very puffy, which has to be from her kidney's not working properly and her not being able to release waste from her body. She will most likely be put on Dialysis. She however is very alert and talking good, so that is a change from a few days ago.

MY SON:
Now onto my son, he finally showed up Thursday after being gone since Monday evening, with a s***load of excuses in hand. I told him that he was not to leave my house until I told him he could, he stayed in. I went to bed and when I woke up that Friday to find that he had sneaked out while I was asleep, and I haven't seen him since. I spoke to his case worker and she told him that he was not to go ANYWHERE as well. Upon hearing what he did she said that she was going to go ahead and file the writ and that if he did show up at home to call her for the Web Unit to come and pick him up.

On a good note he did call me this evening...I'm so upset with him for being so damn hard-headed, but I feel good knowing that he is okay.

IN GENERAL:
Friday afternoon, I received a phone call about my mom's house (anybody notice, how all this is happening on the SAME day?? :grr:) now I just moved her into a Senior Citizens apartment building around the corner from me the week before last, because I wanted her to be closer to me due to the maladies she suffers from.

I had a tenant all ready to move into the property, gave her the key Thursday so that she could start doing things over there...she calls me Friday afternoon telling me that the ceiling in the utility room has COLLAPSED and that the HOUSE IS FLOODED!! :irked: Apparently, when whomever broke into the house trying to steal the utility room sink (it wasn't her, this was before I had given her the key) the idiot busted a pipe somewhere up in the ceiling. :grr: I went over to the house yesterday and looked at the room, there is drywall and insulation everywhere!! I was shocked and horrified :cry: you can see right up into the rafters of the roof...THANK THE LORD THAT THERE IS AN ATTIC or else I would have been staring at the sky!!

Now all this happens in the midst of me trying to sell the house!! I had another bright spot when I spoke to the gentlman that wants the house, I explained everything to him and he still wants to buy it, will still let my tenants move in and will make ALL the repairs!

Please guys, continue to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, because as it stands lately, I'm almost afraid to answer the phone!! :sad: But even with everything happening I know that God is STILL with me!!

Thanks for listening...or reading my ramblings!!

OH WOW

Geez Hun, I dont know what to say. You certainly have your hands full!

You're a strong woman,and probably know that already. But it doesn't help when you need to have a sit and have a good cry/vent to let it all out to ease the tension.

We're here for you. Rant and rave at will. Plenty of toilet paper for wiping eyes and blowing noses. (softer than most kleenex tissues anyways:lol: )

Hang in there luv, it DOES get better.
Yup, crappy platitude, but there's truth in it.

Giant hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: from me and mine, lighting another candle first thing in the morning for you.

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

OH WOW

Geez Hun, I dont know what to say. You certainly have your hands full!

You're a strong woman,and probably know that already. But it doesn't help when you need to have a sit and have a good cry/vent to let it all out to ease the tension.

We're here for you. Rant and rave at will. Plenty of toilet paper for wiping eyes and blowing noses. (softer than most kleenex tissues anyways:lol: )

Hang in there luv, it DOES get better.
Yup, crappy platitude, but there's truth in it.

Giant hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: from me and mine, lighting another candle first thing in the morning for you.

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo
Thanks babe! :hug: :hug: Lately, it seems as if my hands are always full!! :rolleyes:

Hi Yolanda,
I never noticed you are in The Motor City!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Yolanda,
I never noticed you are in The Motor City!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Yup, right here in the home of the automobile!! And DEEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they are needed as well as appreciated! :hug:

Hey geeks,

Last time I posted, I was telling you guys about my mom, well Friday she was transferred to the Nursing Home and not even an hour later was rushed back through to the ER. Her blood sugar was fine when she was discharged from the hospital and by the time she had gotten to the nursing home her sugar was 49, they tried to give her something to boost her blood sugar by mouth, which was hard because she was once again non-responsive. They checked her sugar again and it had dropped to 44 and they called me and told me that they were about to send her to Emergency. She spent the night in the emergency room and the ER doctor called me about 1:am telling me that they found that she had an UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Now, the first time I took her to the ER I told them that she was having problems peeing, they didn't seem to be concerned.

Friday morining she was taken to room and I received a call from the resident doctor telling me that they had to stop giving her fluids because she was getting fluid back up, which means that her kidneys are not functioning. Her doctor asked me if this was a new condition, and that if it was a new condition it would be treated differently than if it was and exsisting condition, which I was not 100% sure if it was new or exsisting, but I did remember her saying some months ago that she had protein in her urine.

I went to my mom's Primary doctor and got some copies of lab results which were abnormal regarding her kidneys...the nurse told me that one of the levels in the test was highly elevated. Now my mom was supossed to go for a followup back in Aug regarding the lab results, but she was a "no show" which no one knew, my mom is good for canceling appointments without any of us knowing. :irked:

I took the copies of the results to the hospital and waited for the doctor I had spoken to, so that I could place them in HER hand...I felt that this situation to serious to take a chance on an overworked RN losing something.

I visited with my mom and I noticed that her extremities are very puffy, which has to be from her kidney's not working properly and her not being able to release waste from her body. She will most likely be put on Dialysis. She however is very alert and talking good, so that is a change from a few days ago.

MY SON:
Now onto my son, he finally showed up Thursday after being gone since Monday evening, with a s***load of excuses in hand. I told him that he was not to leave my house until I told him he could, he stayed in. I went to bed and when I woke up that Friday to find that he had sneaked out while I was asleep, and I haven't seen him since. I spoke to his case worker and she told him that he was not to go ANYWHERE as well. Upon hearing what he did she said that she was going to go ahead and file the writ and that if he did show up at home to call her for the Web Unit to come and pick him up.

On a good note he did call me this evening...I'm so upset with him for being so damn hard-headed, but I feel good knowing that he is okay.

IN GENERAL:
Friday afternoon, I received a phone call about my mom's house (anybody notice, how all this is happening on the SAME day?? :grr:) now I just moved her into a Senior Citizens apartment building around the corner from me the week before last, because I wanted her to be closer to me due to the maladies she suffers from.

I had a tenant all ready to move into the property, gave her the key Thursday so that she could start doing things over there...she calls me Friday afternoon telling me that the ceiling in the utility room has COLLAPSED and that the HOUSE IS FLOODED!! :irked: Apparently, when whomever broke into the house trying to steal the utility room sink (it wasn't her, this was before I had given her the key) the idiot busted a pipe somewhere up in the ceiling. :grr: I went over to the house yesterday and looked at the room, there is drywall and insulation everywhere!! I was shocked and horrified :cry: you can see right up into the rafters of the roof...THANK THE LORD THAT THERE IS AN ATTIC or else I would have been staring at the sky!!

Now all this happens in the midst of me trying to sell the house!! I had another bright spot when I spoke to the gentlman that wants the house, I explained everything to him and he still wants to buy it, will still let my tenants move in and will make ALL the repairs!

Please guys, continue to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, because as it stands lately, I'm almost afraid to answer the phone!! :sad: But even with everything happening I know that God is STILL with me!!

Thanks for listening...or reading my ramblings!!
Oh my! Yolanda, last time we spoke things were looking up! You poor thing. I cant believe the luck you have had in the new year. Yahoo my anytime you need to talk and I will try and make you laugh.
loads of hugs and kisses.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yolanda isnt it funny how when things are really tough We seem to have an inner strength that keeps us going and coping, You are in my prayers babes and I know you will get through all this :hug:

Oh yolanda, you are having it rough hunni, stay strong and all you're hard work will be rewarded!

Keeping you and your're family in my thoughts and hope it all sorts out for you soon :hug:

What doesn't break us, makes us :hug:

Thinking of you and your family xxx

Thinking of you all hun:hug:

I do hope things pick up soon :hug:

Yolanda, keep strong.:hug:
You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers.:hug:xx

I have no doubt whatsoever, that you will get through this, you are stronger than most!

But here's a :hug: to help you along x

Latest posts

Back